Episode 3

13X03~Patience

"Just give it to him. He definitely needs it." You said to Sam. Earlier, Sam revealed to you that he had a pendrive containing a message from Jack's mother, Kelly. Your instinct was to immediately give it to Jack. After what happened last night, which you didn't tell Sam, you knew that this was just the thing that Jack needs.

You let out a sigh. At the very least, Jack would be able to see him mother, virtually. You're still wondering if you'll ever get that chance. You've somewhat accepted that fact that you may never know the truth about your family, not until you regained your memories, the chances seem slimmer with each passing day.

Sam nodded, grabbing his laptop and you followed him to Jack's room. He knocked on the room door.

"Who is it?" You heard Jack ask.

"Sam and Y/N." Sam said. You opened the door for Sam. "Hey. Just checking in. You haven't come out since we set you up." Sam continued. You made eye contact with Jack. You both knew why.

"That's fine, I mean it's all been... Pretty insane I'm sure. But, um... Anyway, I brought you something. Please, have a seat." Sam said and Jack sat on his bed. "Before you were born, your mom left you a message. I know you have a bunch of questions and hopefully this is the start." Sam said as he gave Jack the laptop. You passed the pendrive to Sam and he passed it to Jack. Jack stared at the pendrive in confusion.

"Right, yeah. Here I'll um... There you go. Just push this button, right here, whenever you're ready." Sam plugged the pendrive into the laptop for Jack, slowly backing away to the door.

"Thank you." Jack said.

You and Sam moved to the doorway. Jack pressed a key and the video started playing. You heard Kelly's voice. You saw Jack, getting emotional on seeing his mother.

You caught a glimpse of Sam, he's missing his mother too

You caught a glimpse of Sam, he's missing his mother too. Dean was certain that Mary, their mother is dead, but Sam isn't. You supported Sam's hope that his mother is still alive.

You began to wonder, is it better to have never known your family that you've lost, or have at least the slightest bit of information about them? If you'd known them, you would be able to spend time with them, and that would become the memories you treasure when they're gone. Or at the very least, have a picture of them, something that reminds you of them.

Would it be better to never have any of these memories at all? That way, you'd never miss them, because you never knew them. Looking at Jack and Sam, you thought that it might slightly be better to have no memories of your family. But still, you longed for some information about yourself, who you came to be, what happened before you met the Winchesters and Jack. You don't get your hopes up, reminding yourself that your condition may be permanent.

Sam's phone started to vibrate. He quickly walked away from the doorway.

You took another look at Jack, deciding to give him some privacy and walked away too. You grabbed a drink from the kitchen and proceeded to the library. Sam and Dean were both there.