My Demonic Beauty (7)

Rapunzel

__________

As irritated as I was, I still looked to see what he was talking about.

My jaw fell open. It was a broken castle. The castle of Rosetta, the Queen of Daloon.

Before my father came into power, the castle of Daloon was still together. During the war, I helped father kill the other kings and queens. Rosette, I remember, was very powerful. Her castle was her life source. So, I had the brilliant idea of burning the castle down. I was five at the time. And now I am revisiting my old work. Young Rapunzel was a genius.

Jack finds his staff and turns to me. Before we do anything, he makes an ice cuff around my wrist. The end rests in his hand. I find it ridiculous that he has to keep chaining me. I'm not going to kill him. I honestly didn't mean to break his nose. I was scared.

We both approach the castle. On the other side is the entrance to Daloon. We just need to get through the remains of the castle. Should be easy. Although, my feet are freezing. It's already winter, and it's night. I'm sure the temperature dropped, and it's not helping. At all.

Jack pushes open the remains of the wooden doors, and one breaks off of it's hinges. It slams onto the ground, echoing throughout the castle walls. My hand instantly grabs Jack's. He doesn't say anything.

We continue through the castle. As I walk, memories of talking of destroying this castle come back. Little, five year old Rapunzel, sitting at a huge table with a big map laid on it. Father was studying the map, probably figuring out his next move. Then, the idea popped into my head.

"Daddy," I said, hugging my teddy bear tighter. "Maybe you should blow them up."

I smile at the memory. It was the first plan I'd ever conducted. I was proud that I blew up Daloon Castle. Father was proud too. Now, the scene... sickens me somehow. Just a faint sickening feeling. Like... I hate myself, what I've become. I shake my head. I'm perfect. I'm the perfect princess.

Princess. I shouldn't be here with this... kidnapper. Whatever his plan is, it'll will fail. I'll be back home, in my castle with Father. And we'll rule for many more years to come. Just me and him. And anyone who stands in our way will have to deal with me.

Just as I take another step, pain rides up my leg. I drop to my knees, still holding his hand. The pain feels like... like fire. Horrible fire, spreading up my leg, my thigh, my stomach. I yell out, and then I can't see. All I see is blurs.

Someone kneels in front of me. I lean my head down and yell out in pain again. It's horrible. It feels like my insides are turning to liquid. My brain is turning to mush. I can only hear my own screams. Someone holds my hands and tells me something, but I can't hear them.

Then, I see it. The destruction. The fire. I hear someone else's screams and wails for help. Someone runs past me, fully set ablaze. This is when Daloon was burned down. By me and my father. I did this. I killed these people.

"Rapunzel!"

I slam my eyes shut. I feel Jack's hand on my shoulders. I stops screaming, there's no more pain. I don't want to hear anymore. No more screaming, no more pain.

"Rapunzel, what's wrong?!"

My eyes fly open. My breathing is ragged. I'm slightly sweating. Jack is directly in my face, but I  don't look at him. I look around, making sure the fire is gone. No more fire. No more pain. No more screaming.

"Rapunzel!"

My eyes focus on him. His eyes are wide, full of confusion and shock.

"No!" I scream and back away. "I don't want to be here! I want to leave!"

Jack comes closer, but I back away again. I'll hurt him. Like I hurt those people. "Stay away! I'll kill you! Please, stay away!"

I stand up and dart out of the throne room. Or once throne room. I run down the steps and jump over a stone wall that has been burned down. The woods. As I run, salty water runs in my mouth. Tears. I wipe them away, hoping to forget, but the screams come back. I stop running, close my eyes, cover my ears, and yell, "Leave me alone! I'm sorry!"

I drop down. My hands still cover my ears as the screams become louder. They are more painful. "I'm sorry! I didn't know! I didn't know!"

I beg and cry, my knees digging deeper into the dirt. I don't care. I killed them. Me. Because of what? What did I gain? A kingdom? Who cares! People died because of me.

I feel someone grab my shoulder and I turn around. The voices stop once I look into his eyes. That beautiful blue. I sniffle, staring at him, and more tears come. Suddenly, I'm buried into his chest. His arms wrap around my back and head, and his chest hums, "Shh. Shh. It's okay. It's okay."

"I killed those people," I say, then I pull away from his embrace. "I'll hurt  you."

Instead of trying to comfort me, Jack grabs my wrist and pulls it. I, clumsily, fall. Straight onto his lips.

A load of butterflies erupt in my stomach. His eyes are closed, but his lips move on mine. I'm too shocked at first. Then my eyes flutter closed and I kiss him back. His grip on my wrist loosens.

Reluctantly, I slowly pull away and open my eyes. I'm sure he tasted my tears. He looks at me, we're so close. His breath tickles my nose. I look from one blue orb to the other.

"Why?" I ask.

He gulps, as if he's done something terrible. "You needed it."

And with that, he stands up, leaving me alone, eyes puffy, and lips tingling.

---

Pitch Black

_____________

As I watch the thousands of men march into the courtyard, I think to myself. What will this accomplish? What will I gain? I've done this before, send an entire army into kingdoms. But this time... Rapunzel isn't with me. She doesn't stand beside me, taking in the scene and getting ideas for new attacks. My dearest isn't with me.

Why? Because a fool thought he could hide her, take her away from me. Well, he doesn't know. He doesn't know at all.

And I now know who that fool is. Jack Frost, the Last Guardian. I smile as I remember the night me and Rapunzel killed the Guardians, then one was left. His body was trapped under the ice, his hair still brown. He had just died. But he wasn't going to come back up.

Rapunzel was shivering next to me, holding the knife she had recently used. Her cheeks were red from the cold. Her dress was speckled with blood. But, my Rapunzel was still beautiful.

Someone knocks on the door, bringing me back to the present. I turn around as the door opens, and Alexzander walks through.

"Ah, I see you have seen the troops," He says, pulling out a small flask from his jacket. He unscrews the top and takes a gulp.

"Yes," I say, looking back. "It's brilliant you got them on short."

"You're the bloody King of Nightmares," Alexzander replies. "They were going to come anyway."

Then, someone else knocks on my door. Alexzander runs to open it. "Ah, it's your spy."

~~~

//A/N Hey guise! So, nice chapter?

Who do you think the spy is?

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I couldn't let you all suffer! So, here you are! Updates for this will continue! :D

FanFicsWriter~