Chapter 27

When I woke up from a horrible dream about drowning, I instantly sat up. It wasn't like a movie where everything came rushing back to them, I could remember everything that happened.

I can't believe I freaked out like that. Yet I can't believe he carried me into water. I was so confused by what to think. I knew he didn't do it on purpose, and knowing Æ he would be blaming himself and probably beating himself up (not in the literal sense). But I was still shocked and confused.

I pulled the sheets from the other side of the bed closer to me. I could smell Æ's scent all over it. He was here not too long ago.

I remember Lexi mentioning he had a patrol at some point. Was he doing that now?

I decided not to dwell on it too much. As much as I wanted Æ by my side, he would come to me when he wanted me.

I stumbled out of the hospital bed and towards the door. Hopefully Lexi could take me to our dorm. She usually stayed until the last patient was out, but by the looks of it I was the only one here.

I grasped the door handle and regained my balance. When I was ready to walk and my head stopped spinning I opened the door and stepped outside. Lexi was there waiting for me. She nodded, and took me up to our dorm without a word. She tucked me in bed and turned of the light. I fell asleep straight away.

*

*

*

I was woken up once again with a horrid feeling in my bond with Æ. What was happening? Was he hurt?
It wasn't strong enough to tell me why I felt this way but I knew something was wrong.

Lexi had woken me up in the night about James being killed. I remember it vaguely but I knew that I cried. James was one of the kindest people you could meet, and also one of the greatest friends. I must've cried myself back to sleep.

Did the same happen again? Was Æ dead? It can't be. Tears were already forming in my eyes. I was so confused and scared. Something was wrong with Æ, but I couldn't tell what it was.

I rushed out of bed and threw one of Lexi's t-shirts on. It was much bigger than me, and would cover my revealing underwear I wore to bed.

I ran through the halls towards Æ's dorm. I burst in to find the Alpha, Lexi and Lizzy already there. I bowed respectfully at the Alpha but made my way through them to stand by Æ.

He was sweating buckets by the minute and he was thrashing about screaming. He stopped suddenly and started breathing heavily. All of a sudden he started to scream and thrash about again.

"Ætius!" Lizzy cried. He must've been scaring her. He stopped briefly but then he continued, his cries even more loud.

I was scared myself, I didn't know what to do. "Ætius" I tried to soothe. He let out a loud growl. I flinched back in fear. His arm came flying round and hit me right across the face.

My hand flew to my cheek. It stung badly, but nothing was damaged.

He sat up abruptly, looking around the room breathing deeply. His sweat drenched face was plastered with fear.

He looked to my hand on my cheek which I failed to cover. He growled at the bright red mark and took a protective stance over me. A look of realisation came over him before he looked down at his hands, and then back and me.

"Æ." I tried to soothe, but my stupid voice cracked. I reached out for him but he turned and leaped out of the open window. "No!" I cried out, rushing to the window. I looked down to see his wolf form shaking his fur, and run into the deep green of the forest.

___________________________

This chapter was long over due I'm sorry. I had a problem with my internet. Comment and tell me if you like Chloe's POV. There's only one more chapter of her POV before we continue with the main storyline.

Stay Devilish ;)