Bayou Beauty 2 》James

(Continued 1 year later)

Luke James

NOLA, 1935

Now 18 and working to support his mother who has fell sick over the past year, Luke still found the time to look at the girl across the way though she hasn't been out as much.

Y/n had came of age where she had to find a man and quick. Her sisters were very impatient with her and soon they would have to pick for her. Y/n played with her braid at the table while Magnolia, Beatrice, Remy and Pierre surrounded her. Remy laid some photos down of different men and tapped on the wooden table, "Choose. Now." Yn looked up in confusion "Why? I'm not going to harm random, innocent men for my-- your-- pleasure." She crossed her arms and pushed the book that held many of her sisters, and mother, victims. She would not end up like them. The oldest four looked at each other with knowing smirks. Magnolia sighed "We feared you'll say that. That's why we got one man that isn't random." Y/n gasped when a picture of her infatuation found its way infront of her. She didn't know her sisters knew of him as she tried hide her attraction of him.

"What's his name?" Beatrice looked at her "Lucas is it?" Y/n shook her head "I don't know. I told you I'm not doing it!" She tried to get up but Pierre sat on the table infront of her and pulled at her plait and puckered her lips, "So you won't mind if I get him? It's been a while since I had dark chocolate." Y/n snatched herself from the table. "SHUT UP!" Without thinking she ran out of the house with Magnolia calling after her.

"While you're out there find someone!"

Luke looked down at the shopping list his mother gave him and sighed. "Bread, milk, eggs, just the basics?" He entered the back of the store while searching for the groceries. Minding his own business, he heard smacking come from the counter. "Aye boy!" Luke looked up and seen a white mam staring at him, "Y-yes?" He motioned for him to come closer, Luke hesitated. He been in enough altercations with white people to know when they are causing trouble. The man took Luke's groceries and ringed them up, "You're Pam's boy ain't ya?" Luke nodded "I heard she's sick, right?" Luke looked around "Yes sir." The man gave Luke the groceries and nodded "Your mother is a great woman, used to come by every Saturday and gave no trouble. Take this to her, free of charge, and send her my blessings." Luke gave a small smile and nodded "Thank you."

Making his way back onto his street, Luke heard snickers come from the block's bullies. Jonathan and Martin pointed to a girl walking by them, "Look it's the weirdo. Found anyone to play house with?" Y/n sped by them looking down and bumped into Luke in the process. "I'm sorry-" "No it's okay." They looked past each other knowing it was the first time they actually were in contact. Y/n didn't want to cause anymore trouble for him but Luke was always intrigued by her. Their scents weirdly complemented each other and it would be a false statement to say that neither of them were happy to finally see each other up close. "Hey, I'm Luke." He reached his hand out for hers to shake "Luke don't do it boy! You might be next!" Y/n looked at his hand and knew if she touched him skin on skin, her sisters will find out and immediately make her choose him.

"I'm sorry." She ran past Luke, leaving him sad, embarrassed and confused thinking he did something wrong. Personally he didn't believe the rumours of y/n and her family, in fact he was attracted to her and her mysterious aroma. The boys laughed "He got rejected by the reject!"

Y/N ran as far from him as she could. She had the feeling someone was watching and not just the boys that were teasing her. Meeting him up close was both good and bad;

Good:Her feelings for him grew.
Bad: Her feelings for him grew.