Chapter 2 : The Decision

Her mind is telling her the same thing her heart is saying. "I'm sorry but I choose..."

"I choose..." She turned to Ira. "Ira!" Ira's eyes widen, with blush running across his face. Rory started crying, again. "Why a mercenere?! He's no good!" Rachel turned back to Rory with a frown. "Because I'm following my heart. I'm sorry that you got rejected but I kinda like him, Rory..." Mackenzie stood up. Everyone stood up. Ira suddenly grabbed the girl and smashed their lips together. The warrior was taken aback by this, but she gave in and kissed him back. The girls awe, but Rory got angry and flew into Maya's living room. They pulled away and just stared at each other with red faces.

"So~ when are y'all gonna get married~?" Maya asked, jokingly

"Maya!!!" The girls giggled. "Would you really accept me being with... with Diamond?" Ira asked, shyly. "Of course!" she shouted, hugging Ira. Clara said, "As long as you.. keep it a secret from the others. Hopefully the other merceneres won't know about it. But do you want them to-" Ira interrupted Clara. "Anything but that! ESPECIALLY BEL! Who knows what he or Marmo could do to me.." Ira waved his hands nervously. "I'm not so sure about Rory being happy about this.." said Maya. Mackenzie and Natalie looked at Maya. "Obviously.."

Rachel frowns. "What should I do?" Her friends looked at each other. "I know!" Maya jumped up; Rachel then notices Ira's arms are around her waist, and his head is leaning on her shoulder. She smiled at him, patting his head.

Dina exclaims. "We could talk to Rory for you. Don't worry, we got this!" reassured Mackenzie, giving a thumbs up. Rachel smiled.

"Let's go to your house, Rachel!" Ira exclaimed. "Okay! Let's go!" The two then walked out of Maya's home.

"Look, Rory," Natalie and the others went into the living room and sat around Rory. "I hate Ira! He's a no-good rotten MERCENERE WHO WILL MOST LIKELY HURT HER!!" cried Rory. "Rory..." Maya began. "Rachel... she loves Ira. There's nothing we can do... she's pretty stubborn.. and as people here in Sea Side Bay say, there are other fish in the sea." Clara explained. "When were we talking about fish?" asked Kippie, jumping in the conversation. "No. It's a saying, Kippie. Meaning : There are other people out in the world. No need to be stuck on one person! So many people could be waiting for you right now!" exclaimed Clara.

"But, how? They don't even know us." said Lance.

Clara sighed; Mackenzie and Natalie facepalmed. Clara called Sebastian over to the group. "So Rory, don't be so hung up on Rachel.. I mean technically, in battle, Ira and Rachel are still rivals.. somehow."

"They are?" Rory stopped crying, suddenly.

"Apparently, they'll still fight each other, but.. to keep the secret.. from the other Mercenares." said Mackenzie. Maya nodded. "Ira has had a crush on Gl- Rachel ever since she first transformed." a voice said. Everyone turned their backs and saw Marmo floating, crossing her arms. "MARMO?!" Everybody shouted. "Relax, I'm not here to fight.. I just came to talk about Ira.." Natalie walked up to her. "What about Ira?"

Marmo sighed. "Ira he's... don't worry about him. He's a good boy, I think. He'll protect her, for sure. I've seen him do things... and I know that he'll be a good boyfriend for her, despite him being so immature.." she narrows her eyebrows. "But... someone else... there's someone else that's after them both. She's mostly after Ira. But uh..."

Mackenzie bit her lip. "Marmo, you could be a great source of help if you told us this, earlier." Marmo shrugged. "Like I said, I didn't have correct info for Rachel, I didn't have any for Ira at that moment, either.. But, make sure you keep an eye on them. Like I said, it could save her life.." Kippie's ears went down.

"When King Mercenere was alive, the brat felt he would be kicked out of our team and lose his.. bat wings, so I kinda..." Marmo trailed off, then dazed. "

"Uh, Marmo?" said Davi.

She snapped back to reality. "Sorry, that happens! Anyways, yeah, so-" Maya grabbed her hands. "Explain everything, Marmo. In FULL detail.." Marmo blushed a little, she saw how bright and serious Maya's eyes were. "Uh, s-sure.." she replied.