15. Conflict, oh conflict

Cassidy? Why on earth would Steve do something so stupid? Soda can't even stand to look at her anymore, Lola is so happy that she got away from that psycho, and I sure don't want her in my house.

No one was saying anything, and I had nothing to say either. I walked the kids over to their seats and sat them down. They started eating right away while everyone else awkwardly looked around at each other.

I walked around to my side of the table and started to eat. Steve and Cassidy sat down slowly. Cassidy kept her head down.

It was a full five minutes of silence.

"So Pony, how's Kaitlyn?" Darry asked.

"She's good" Pony nodded as he chewed his food.

"Good to hear" Darry replied.

"You're still with her?" Cassidy asked. Pony looked at her and nodded.

"They're having a baby actually" Steve said. Her eyes went wide as she brought her head down.

"Congratulations" She said putting an obvious fake smile on her face.

There was another few moments of silence. It was the most awkward dinner I've sat through. I can't believe Steve would date her, he must know that we will never approve of her.

I looked over at Soda who was slowly eating. It must hurt that his best friend would do that to him.

Cassidy still looked the same, but she didn't seem to have her bubbly personality she use to have. I noticed Lola stare at her with anger. I grinned and continued to eat my supper.

"The food was great" Cassidy said after we all finished eating.

"Thanks" I said with the smallest smile ever known. I wanted to be mature about this but it was too hard. The anger and sadness she put some of us threw is not worth to forget about. And the fact that Steve decides to bring her back into our lives makes everything worse.

Soda took Ashton and Sophia into the bathroom to wash up, and I assume he will be avoiding us for the rest of the evening. The rest of the guys went into the living room to watch TV.

I started clearing the table as Lola put away the condiments. Cassidy reached over and helped with the table.

"You don't need to help, you can sit with the boys" I said.

"I don't mind" She said smiling. She dropped the glasses into the sink and I rolled my eyes. I don't want to be rude, but I really don't want her here.

Lola accidentally bumped into Cassidy, I was expecting the biggest fight known to man but neither of them said a word. I raised my eyebrows and continued doing what I was doing.

***

Steve and Cassidy left not long after we finished cleaning the kitchen. Soda went home with Jennifer and Darry just a few minutes ago.

"I can't believe Steve would bring her here" Pony said as we all gathered in the living room.

"I know. It's so weird" I agreed. "I'm not having her around here all the time"

"Soda won't be coming around if she's here. I'm surprised he even talked to Steve during dinner" Pony said.

"I know. He must be upset." Johnny said.

***
ONE WEEK LATER

Tomorrow is the kids birthday and Dally and I still don't have anything special planned for them. Us and the whole gang have gifts, but no particular theme.

"Dally, they are turning four, they need a birthday party" I said as I folded the laundry.

"But Hannah, they don't have any friends" Dally said as he switched through the channels on the TV.

"I know but still, we have to do something"

"Talk to the girls about this. I'm not a party planner" He said. I rolled my eyes. Obviously not.

How are you suppose to have a fun, safe party in a town like this, where anyone could be killed on the street if you look at someone the wrong way.

It worries me that the kids will soon be starting school. I'm not ready to send them off into the world like that, even though young adults are the main target here, anything is still possible. Plus they have no friends, no social life besides the gang. I know it's not healthy, but it's hard to let go.

"Stella and the girls will be here tomorrow morning, maybe they can come up with something" I shrugged as I brought the basket of clothes into our room.

I sighed as I put the clothes away. I needed a couple nights just to myself. Things have been so stressful lately, and now there's another child on the way. It's going to be tough to get time alone for the next long while.

I looked out the window and noticed Cassidy walking down the street. It really irritated me to see her. We've got rid of her for almost four years and it's been great.

I kept watching her walk, it seemed like she was anxious to get somewhere. She began jogging, I pressed my face against the window for as long as I could see her. Without making it to obvious, I went to the kitchen window and saw her running toward a guy.

He had shabby hair, he was tall and skinny. Something about him reminded me of Lola, he didn't have the same dark eyebrow or eyes, but his face automatically brought me to Lola's.

I watched intensely as they were deep in conversation. I find it strange that I haven't seen this guy before. I was suddenly caught off guard, my eyebrows furrowed, then my eyes went a little wide when they started to kiss.

I turned around and went back into the room. I didn't want to see that. I so badly want to run over and tell Steve that his 'girl' is sharing germs with that guy outside, but I know that he won't believe me. He obviously knows how we feel about Cassidy.

"Dal" I said sitting beside him on the couch. "Did Steve mentioned how long he and Cassidy been together?"

"I think he said like a couple months" He shrugged. "Why?"

"I just saw Cassidy outside with some guy." I replied. Dally rolled his eyes. He hated conflict and he knew something was coming. I was on the same page as him.

I flopped back on the couch and sighed. My life revolves around conflict.

Sorry this chapter isn't the greatest, but I wanted to give an update. Comment and vote!

 Comment and vote!