Chapter 3

Corbyn's POV

This is completely new to me. I've actually attained the courage to make flirtatious hints to my crush that I like her. I just have to hope that she feels the same way back. Should I admit it to her that I like her later?

Jonah's POV

I was silent the whole car ride, thinking about Avery. I've maybe possibly always had a teeny, okay major crush on Avery. She's so much more beautiful in person. Her dark brown hair cascades down her back like a chocolate waterfall, and her eyes look like the ocean. I moved my eyes from the passing scenery to Avery, so I could get another look at her striking appearance. My eyes caught something dancing across her thigh. I focused my vision on the dancer and realized it was Corbyn's thumb, tracing circles as it pleased. I was infuriated. I could almost feel the steam coming from my ears but remembered I was in a car with five other people, and quickly looked away to hide my face. I tried to refocus my thoughts on the fun we would have now that the band was reunited with the addition of Avery, and not Corbyn kissing her.

Avery's POV

I had a smile on my face the rest of the car ride after the romantic gesture Corbyn made.

*time skip to the Why Don't We house, brought to you by: the emster*

"And this, is the Why Don't We house!" Corbyn exclaimed as he held the door open for everyone.

"Whoa..." I trailed off in shock. The place was beautiful, like a modern palace watching over its city, which is exactly what the view looked like. They gave me the guest room so I had a whole room to myself and not have to share it with any boys. After I finished unpacking my suitcases and setting up my room, Corbyn popped his head in.

"Hey, Bean. What's up?" I asked him.

"The boys and I wanted to go down to the beach. You wanna come?"

"Yeah. Let me just get my bathing suit on. I'll let you know when I'm ready."

"Okay," he said, then walked back to his room to get ready. I closed and locked my door, then dug through my dresser to find a simple black bikini, which I paired with distressed jean shorts, a white t-shirt, and white slip-on Vans. Once I finished getting dressed, I unlocked my door and went to tell Corbyn I was ready. When I popped my head into Corbyn's room, I saw all five boys in their swim trunks sitting on the beds, looking on their phones. Man, Corbyn's got a nice body.

"I'm ready guys," I announced.

"Let's go!" Zach yelled while popping out of his seat.

"Did you guys grab towels?" I asked them. They just stared at me.

"Sunscreen? You don't want to burn, do you? Did you guys see that vlog of Logan's where his friend pulled off a two-inch piece of skin from his leg? You want that to happen to you?" They all quickly nodded their head no.

"Boys," I muttered under my breath as I walked out of the room to get six towels and some sunscreen and walked back to the room the boys were all grouped up in.

"I got the beach essentials. Are you guys ready to go?"

"Yes!" they all yelled in unison.

"This is another reason why I wanted you to come live with us," Daniel told me.

*time skip to the beach, brought to you by: the emster*

I made sure all the boys were slathered in sunscreen because I do NOT want to hear them whining like little babies when they get sunburned. I was sprawled out on my towel, sunbathing in peace, when I felt strong arms pick me up and start running with me. I open my eyes to get a look at my captor. It was Daniel, and he was running straight to the ocean.

"Dani put me down! I don't want to get-" I was cut off from my sentence when I was thrown into the icy ocean.

"Daniel James Seavey you get back here right now!" I made eye contact with Daniel and started glaring daggers at him. When he saw my facial expression, he immediately turned around and started swimming towards the shore. Before I could start swimming after Daniel, I started shuddering at the freezing saltwater touching my skin. Corbyn must've seen how cold I was because he walked towards me, scooping me up in his arms and taking me back to where my towel was set up. He grabbed his towel and wrapped it around me, also adding the warmth of his arms, to help warm up. It didn't take long, seeing as it's 85 degrees out and I have a warm towel and Corbyn's arms around me. Corbyn and I were just chatting when Jonah came up to me.

"Hey, Avery, can I, talk to you for a sec? In private?" he asked.

"Sure," I responded, and got up to go follow Jonah. Once we were about fifteen feet away from Corbyn, Jonah turned to me and kissed me.

Hello everyone! I hope you liked this chapter of My Brother's Best Friend. If you have any stories that you have written, let me know in the comments and I will be sure to check them out. Bye loves! Be safe!

- the emster