Chapter 9

Avery's POV

After Daniel saw Corbyn and I kiss, he walked inside and didn't come back out. None of the other guys noticed it so I just shrugged it off. About a half hour later, we all dried off, ordered pizza and watched a movie. Jonah begged us to choose the Harry Potter movies. Eventually, we all gave in and started with the first one. I was certainly entertained by the movie, but I think Corbyn's eyes were on something different. I could feel his stare. I didn't mind. A few times, I glanced back to look at him and he immediately returned his attention to the movie. We were halfway through, and Daniel still hadn't turned up. I leaned closer to Corbyn and whispered in his ear, "I'll be right back babe." He nodded his head in response as I slowly stood up and walked up stairs. I turned the corner and peeped into Daniel and Jack's room. There he was, just sitting on the edge of his bed, lost in thought with a pouty lip and arms crossed. I lightly tapped his door a few times, bringing him back to Earth. He snapped his head up, annoyed that I had disturbed him.

"What do you want?"

"I came to see where you went and why you just left us without a word."

"Well I mean, you should know. You're the cause of it."

"What did I do?"

"You kissed Corbyn! I told you, you are too young to date! Plus, if you HAD to date someone, my best friend is OFF LIMITS! We talked about this!"

"You said we were okay! We talked about this! Also, I asked you if we were Gucci and you said yes! I even bought you Starbucks! Your favorite!"

"I said that WE were okay! I didn't give you permission to date! All I told you was that we were no longer in an argument! But I guess now that's all thrown out the window! You know what? I don't want you talking to him anymore! He's going to leave you heartbroken and you know who's going to have to clean it up? Me! Now, if he breaks your heart, don't come running to me! All I'll do is tell you I told you so!"

"But Daniel,"

"No! I'm done talking about this! Case closed!"

Daniel threw his hands up in the air in anger and frustration, and stormed out of his room. I ran back to my room, burying my face in my pillow and letting out soft cries. A few moments later, I heard my bedroom door creak open. Followed by that, I felt a dip in the bed, indicating that the person was sitting next to me. He stroked my hair and spoke in a calm, soothing voice.

"Shh, babygirl. It's alright. It's alright. Do you want to tell my why you are crying?"

I instantly new it was Corbyn. Slowly, I sat up and leaned into Corbyn, my head in the crook of his neck while his protective arm was wrapped around my waist, pulling me into his warm embrace. My words were slurred with my crying, but the main point of my message managed to reach Corbyn.

"D-Daniel said that w-we aren't allowed to date! Or even t-talk!"

"It's okay Princess. We can still talk. I'll have a chat with Daniel about this later. Is that okay?"

"Y-Yeah." For awhile we just sat their, enjoying the presence of one another. After a long pause, Corbyn spoke up.

"Let's sneak out."

Hello everyone! I hope you liked this chapter of My Brother's Best Friend. Sorry that it's been a few days since I've posted a chapter, and that this is a short one. I had to leave it here for my plan to work. Also,for some stupid reason, I made the mistake of not taking my Chromebook with me, even though I would of had plenty of time to update the story there. This will probably be the last chapter I post before New Years. If not, then you'll get an extra chapter! If you have any stories that you have written, let me know in the comments and I will be sure to check them out. Don't forget to comment, vote, and share this story with your friends. Happy New Year everyone (if I don't see you in a couple of days)! Bye loves! Be safe!

- The emster