Chapter 5

Avery's POV

I quickly walked back to where I was hanging out with Corbyn before Jonah pulled me aside. When I sat down, I saw a mixture of expressions on Corbyn's face. So many emotions are written on his face, I don't know what they are.

"So, um, you and Jonah. Are you, like, a thing?" Corbyn asked.

"No, um, he just, kissed me. I told him I had my eyes on someone else and that I was really sorry, and then came back to you."

Corbyn's POV

When I heard that, I felt my mood enlighten by a few, oh I don't know, THOUSAND times, but it was then brought back down when I realized it's probably not me.

Avery's POV

Corbyn and I sat there talking for another hour, before Zach and Daniel came and told us we were leaving while Jack went to tell Jonah.

*time skip to the WDW house, brought to you by: the emster*

Daniel, Zach, Jack and Jonah were in the pool, happily splashing around. Thankfully, Jonah seems to have put the incident between us in the past. While they were having chicken fights, Corbyn and I sat in the shade under the grand tree. We sat there, making jokes and goofy faces, when all of a sudden, Corbyn's face turned serious.

"Princess, I, uh, I, can I, uh, ask you a question?" I could sense his nervousness.

"Fire away Bean," I replied with a smile, trying to calm his nerves.

"I, uh, never mind. It's not important."

"Bean, if you need to ask me a question then don't hesitate to ask me. I'm all ears for you. You know that. You're my best friend. You can ask me anything."

"Okay, I, uh, Avery,"

I already know this is getting serious. He never says Avery to me, just Princess. He looked at me and from what I could see in his eyes, he regained his confidence.

"Will you go on a date with me?"

Hello everyone! I hope you liked this chapter of My Brother's Best Friend. I'm sorry that this chapter is short and that I haven't posted in a couple of days. I had my school Christmas program on Thursday and I have to study for mid terms and my friend spent the weekend at my house so that was another distraction from writing. If you have any stories that you have written, let me know in the comments and I will be sure to check them out. Bye loves! Be safe!

- The emster