Chapter 6

Avery's POV

"Yes, Corbyn, I'll go on a date with you," I cheerfully responded.

"All right then, meet me by the front door at seven pm sharp. I'll be waiting," he told me with a smile. "Oh, and dress fancy," he said, then ran to his room to get dressed. I pulled my phone out of my back pocket to check the time, 5:24. That leaves me about an hour and a half to get ready. I pocketed my phone and ran to my room to go get dressed for my date.

*time skip to 6:45, brought to you by: the emster with a history mid term monday*

My outfit: 

               (only the dress)

               (only the dress)

(with light makeup)

(with light makeup)

I was putting the final touches on my hair when I heard footsteps enter my room. 

"Aves, where are you?" my brother called.

"In the bathroom!" Shortly after, Daniel appeared next to me.

"How may I be of service?" I asked my brother.

I...Why are you so dressed up?"

"I have a date with Corbyn." I don't know what emotions were written on his face, because I was too focused on my hair, but after I said I had a date with Corbyn, Daniel just stormed out of the bathroom. After finishing the final curl, I walked out of the bathroom to put on my heels. Once my shoes were on, I made my way downstairs. As I slowly crept down the stairs, I heard yelling. When I rounded the corner, I saw Daniel scolding Corbyn.

"Don't lay a finger on her!" my brother snapped. 

"Daniel! What are you doing?" I asked him.

"He is NOT, I repeat, NOT, taking you on a date!"

"Bro, I promise. I'll bring her back by ten without a scratch."

"Dani Corbyn wouldn't hurt a-" but before I could finish my sentence, I was interrupted when I saw Daniel punch Corbyn in the nose!

"DANIEL JAMES SEAVEY!" Jack and Zach quickly ran to Daniel and restrained him from doing it again. 

"AVERY BLAIR SEAVEY! YOU ARE NOT GOING ON A DATE WITH MY BEST FRIEND!"

I ignored Daniel and ran over to Corbyn  to take a look at the damage.

"Bean are you okay?" 

"I don't think it's broken," he said, while reaching up to touch it.

"Don't touch it! We don't want to make it any worse," I blurted. He nodded his head in response.

"Follow me," I motioned. Corbyn put his hand down to the side and started to follow me. When we reached the kitchen, I sat him down to get a better look.

"Corbyn! You're bleeding!" Blood was gushing out of his nostrils. I carefully examined his nose and the area around it. There was a little gash on the side of his nose, with blood slowly dripping out of it. Did Daniel use his nails?

"Stay right here Bean. I'm going to get some peroxide to clean you up. I'll be right back." I ran into the bathroom to get all of things I would need to clean him up, ran back to the kitchen, and placed them on the counter. I grabbed a paper towel, turned on the sink, and wet the paper towel under the running water. I turned back to Corbyn and held his face up by his chin with my left hand and used my right hand to apply the damp towel to the bleeding areas. Once his nose area was relativity clean, I grabbed a fresh paper towel and poured a few drops of hydrogen peroxide on it. Being the clumsy kid he his, he gets hurt a lot, and knows this stuff stings. So, when he saw me putting it on the napkin, a look of puppy-plead spread across his face and he asked, "Will you hold my hand when you put that stuff on? Even though I'm nineteen, it still stings."

"Of course I can baby." Whoops, I just called him baby. Oh well. I grabbed his hand and intertwined our fingers, just before I applied the stinging peroxide to the cut.  When the burning liquid touched his face, he squeezed his eyes shut and tightened his grip on my hand. Once the cut was clean, I grabbed a Ziploc bag, filled it with ice, wrapped a paper towel around it, and applied it to Corbyn's nose. 

"What is this?" he asked.

"Well, you don't have any ice packs,  so I have to make-do." There was a pause.

"How long do I have to keep this on? It's cold."

"A while. Let's go up to my room. There's a comfy bed and a T.V. in there."

"Let's go!" Corbyn jumped out of his seat and sprinted up the stairs. I followed him up and we got situated in my room. The T.V. was on with HGTV and Corbyn had his arm wrapped around me while the ice pack resting on his nose. Neither of paying much attention to the screen, but more on each other. That night was an eventful night, to say the least...

Hello everyone! I hope you liked this chapter of My Brother's Best Friend. I'm sorry that I haven't posted in a couple of days. I've been studying for mid terms. If you have any stories that you have written, let me know in the comments and I will be sure to check them out. Don't forget to comment, vote, and share this story with your friends. Bye loves! Be safe!

- The emster