Chapter 11

Avery's POV

"Daniel? What are you doing?" I screamed at him. Anger was raging in his eyes, his hands balled into fists and he was glaring daggers at Corbyn. I was truly worried for Corbyn, after seeing what Daniel did to him last time, who knows what will happen next.

"Why, are you here?" Daniel managed to get out through clenched teeth.

"Daniel we just wanted to hang out together please don't hurt him he didn't do anything wrong!" I somehow managed to get out in one breath. Slowly, Daniel approached Corbyn, his menacing look never dying. He still spoke through his clenched teeth.

"What, were you doing, with my sister?"

"Daniel all we did was go swim for a couple of minutes int the ocean and then started going on a walk and you found us. I promise I didn't hurt her."

"I know you're not telling me something. I know you did something else with her. What, did you do?" At this point, Daniel was basically baring his fangs, his fists inches from Corbyn's face.

"I, um, I kissed her."

"YOU WHAT?" As fast as I could, I ran over to Daniel and tackled him to the ground so he couldn't throw a punch at Corbyn. He was flailing his arms and legs all around while I used all my strength to hold him down. Eventually he stopped flailing his arms and looked up at me.

"You, Avery Blair Seavey, are coming with me. And bring him along too. We're going to talk." I got off of Daniel and walked over to Corbyn. I looked up at him, and he looked a bit traumatized. I wanted to hold his hand and make him feel better, but Daniel was watching us and if I did that I could get us both killed. We drove home and Daniel quietly led us to his room to have a talk. Once we were all seated, I took the opportunity to speak first.

"Daniel, how did you even know we were at the beach?"

"I heard you guys talking about sneaking out earlier. My turn. Why were you guys sneaking out in the first place?"

"Because we really like each other and wanted to spend some romantic time together, which you never allow us to have!" During this entire time, Corbyn stayed silent, looking down and fiddling with his fingers. I decided that Daniel was my brother and that this was my fight to win.

"Why can't you just except our relationship Daniel? What's your problem with us?" Daniel was very hesitant to answer this question, and there was a long pause before he spoke.

"I, I, I guess I was just, maybe, a little overprotective? And a bit jealous?" He murmured the last part. Did he just say, he was jealous? Was he jealous that I was in a relationship and he wasn't?

"What do you mean, you're a bit jealous?"

"I'm jealous of how you have such an awesome relationship and I'm over here just being a single pringle."

"Daniel, you just haven't found the right person yet. Remember when we were like, twelve or thirteen, and you would constantly be bringing home new girls? And you were the only boy who even talked to me? You remember how jealous I was? And do you remember what you said to me? You just haven't found the right person yet. So that's what I'm going to tell you. She's out there somewhere, Daniel. Whether she's on the other side of the world or right here in Los Angeles, she's out there. You just have to find her." Since Jack fell asleep downstairs, Corbyn and I were sitting on his bed while Daniel was sitting on his own. I got up from Jack's bed and moved to Daniel's, enveloping him in a hug.

"I'm sorry Aves. I guess I was just really overprotective and didn't want you to get heartbroken. And I'm sorry for my single-pringle-jealousy. Plus, I thought it would be weird if you were dating my best friend, but I guess I'm going to have to get used to it."

"Wait, you're giving Bean and I permission to date?"

"Well, I'm supposed to be a better brother than Christian and Tyler, and this is something I have to do to claim that title."

"Yay! Thank you so much Dani! I love you!"

"I love you too Aves." Finally, Corbyn spoke up.

"Um, well, if you guys are done, could I, talk to you, Avery, outside?"

"Uh yeah. Sure." Corbyn took my hand and led me down the stairs and out the door. When we reached the grass, he stopped walking, took my hands in his, and began his speech.

"Avery, ever since that first FaceTime call, I knew you were the one for me. You're so beautiful. The way your long, dark brown hair cascades like a waterfall down your back, and how it makes your ocean blue eyes pop. Your smile that can cure anyone, and your sweet sounding laughter that can cheer you up from anything. The way you were so kind to your sister and dressed up as a Disney Princess when you were sixteen, just to make your little sister happy. How you are kind as can be to everyone, and spread positivity every single day. I love you from the bottom of my heart. I always have and I always will. So, Avery Blair Seavey," he started to pull something from his pocket. It looked like a small box. Then he started bending down on one knee. Oh no, is he proposing? I'm not ready for this type of relationship!

Hello everyone! I hope you liked this chapter of My Brother's Best Friend. There's not going to be many more chapters. Does Corbyn propose to Avery? You'll have to keep reading to see! If you have any stories that you have written, let me know in the comments and I will be sure to check them out. Don't forget to comment, vote, and share this story with your friends. I want to be more interactive with you guys. Where I live, it's almost two in the morning at the time I am posting this chapter. I'm going to go watch some YouTube videos now. Bye loves! Be safe!

- The emster