Secrets Part 1

Here’s Chapter 2.

The group walked as far as Shelby and Cyd’s driveway, where they parted ways, and went to their homes. Henry lived right across the street from Shelby and Cyd, while Charlotte lived up the street, as did Jasper, but in the opposite direction. The girls went into their house.

“Hey girls. How was your first day at your new school?” Cyd’s mother Amy asked.

“Did you meet any new friends today?” Shelby’s mother Astrid added.

“Today was good. Our lockers are right next to each other. They have thumbprint locks which is pretty cool. And we have some… interesting teachers.” Cyd replied, as her dog Diesel bounded over to her, his tail wagging.

“And we did meet 3 new friends today. Their names are Henry, Charlotte, and Jasper. We met them at school.” Shelby added.

“That’s nice. What are they like?” Astrid wondered.

“They seem nice. I think we are going to be great friends. We have most of our classes with them and today after school they walked home with us since they all live on this street too. On the way home, Henry showed us where they work.” Shelby replied.

“A pretty cool little shop that’s not too far from her called called Junk N’ Stuff.” Cyd added.

“That’s wonderful. We can’t wait to meet them.” Amy said. The girls went upstairs to their room, as Diesel followed them. They dropped their backpacks on the floor in the corner.

“Okay spill.” Cyd blurted. Shelby looked at her, confused.

“Spill what?” She wondered.

“You know, the beans! I saw the way you looked at Henry today when we first met him. Do you have a crush on him?” Cyd asked.

“Wha… I… I don’t know. I mean he’s cute, sweet, and funny… Okay maybe I do. But I just met him. I’m not sure if he feels the same way.” Shelby admitted.

“I knew it!” Cyd said excitedly.

“Shh! Don’t tell anyone. At least not yet, because as I said, I don’t know if he feels the same.” Shelby said.

“Yeah you’re right. We should all get to know each other a little more.” Cyd agreed.

“Besides, I know how you feel about Naldo too remember?” Shelby reminded, making Cyd blush. Yes, she’s had a crush on Naldo since fourth grade. She thought her feelings for Naldo had subsided over time, but she rediscovered those feelings while on a mission to rescue Daisy from a guy named Sebastian, who wanted Daisy to marry him so he could control her and her land, since Daisy was actually royalty, but she had been held captive until the day she escaped. Since then, she had been living with Naldo and his parents, who had officially adopted her a few weeks before they moved to Swellview. Cyd wasn’t sure if Naldo felt the same way about her. She knew he liked her as a friend, but she wasn’t sure if it was more than that or not, so she did her best to hide her feelings, especially around him. Shelby was the only one who knew. Cyd gave her a look that said Really? Shelby smirked.

“Anyway, as I was saying, we should get to know them better, and they should get to know us better.” Cyd finished with a slight laugh.

“They could learn a lot about us, and we could learn a lot about them.” Shelby responded.

“Well, they can’t learn everything about us. At least not yet.” Cyd reminded. Shelby nodded. They had a secret that only their families and Portland friends knew. In fact, it was Barry’s invention and Naldo’s homemade hair gel that caused it. And Daisy is here in their time because of it. She was actually from the sixteenth century. Ten year old Ben knocked on the door.

“Mom said it’s time for dinner.” He informed.

“Okay, we’ll be right down.” Cyd replied. As they were about to leave the room to go downstairs, they accidentally bumped into a table that had an expensive vase on it. The vase fell off the table and shattered in several little pieces. The girls looked at each other before quickly high fiving and literally in a flash, the vase was back on the table in one piece. They continued on downstairs, but little did they know, someone had seen them use their special ability, someone who had a big secret of his own.

Part 2 will be the Henry Danger POV.