Figuring It All Out

Finally! Sorry I took so long. College classes. Anyway, here’s Chapter 4, Figuring It All Out, Part 1! Enjoy!

At school the next day, Henry couldn’t stop thinking about what he saw at Shelby and Cyd’s house last night. Granted, he probably should’ve just went to the front door and knocked on it like a normal person instead of climbing up to the window, but… okay he honestly had no good excuses for that. He climbs into his house through his own window sometimes, like when both doors are locked and he forgets his key, or when he had to sneak out in the middle of the night to go do his job as Kid Danger and help Captain Man with whatever was happening that time. His sister caught him sneaking back in once and his parents grounded for it, but this was before they knew he was the superhero’s sidekick. They also grounded Piper after Henry ratted on her for watching a movie she wasn’t supposed to watch, but that’s not the point. The point is that he now knew that the girls had a secret, but so did he.

“Hey everyone! Turn on the Swellview news!” Oliver exclaimed, snapping Henry out of his thoughts. All the students in the hallways immediately took out their phones, tablets, or laptops and turned on KLVY 7 News.

“And now for our next story, last night two unidentified thugs tried to rob a local shoe store. As of right now it is uncertain whether the thieves actually got a hold of anything from the store, but if they did, the money and/or items will be returned back to the store. Thanks to Captain Man and Kid Danger, the thugs were arrested and put behind bars within minutes. We were unable to get an interview with them, but the superhero duo showed up and apprehended the thugs before they could do any real damage.” The reporter informed. Everyone started to murmur.

“Please forgive me for asking, but we did just move here, so who are Captain Man and Kid Danger?” Daisy wondered.

“Oh, we could go on and on about them, but since we only have a few minutes before the bell rings, here’s the basics of what you need to know about them. Captain Man is a famous superhero here in Swellview. He’s known for being indestructible. And Kid Danger is his sidekick. He’s around our age and has hyper motility, aka super fast reflexes.” Charlotte explained without giving away any secrets.

“Really?! They sound awesome!” Cyd exclaimed

“They are! They’re amazing!” Jasper replied.

“Yeah, but as a scientist, I find the whole ‘indestructible’ and ‘super fast reflexes’ thing unbelievable.” Barry stated. Shelby took out her phone again and sent him a text message that read: Says the guy who’s invention gave us the ability to time travel. He read it, then looked at her with a look on his face that said true.

“Well, you also know that science can do amazing things. That there’s still many things out there that are still undiscovered.” Naldo pointed out. They all looked at him. After all, he was right. There were many different things out there that humans have not discovered yet.

“Well, Captain Man’s father was a scientist too. He unintentionally gave Captain Man his power of indestructibility when he was a kid. And Kid Danger also got his power by using science.” Henry explained. Charlotte and Jasper’s eyes widened, while the others just looked at him in confusion.

“At least that’s what I heard.” Henry quickly added, to cover his slip-up. Then the bell rang, but as they were going to class, Henry pulled Shelby and Cyd to the side.

“Hey, is it okay if I talk to both of you after class? It’s important.” He asked.

“Yeah, sure.” Shelby replied.

“Great! Please meet me after class in the science lab. It’ll be lunch time, so nobody else should be in there then.” Henry instructed. The girls nodded and the trio went to history class, stopping only to pick up their books from their lockers.