Victor's Tail

VICTOR POV

I come to visit Yuuri to find that he is not in his usual place... I through my skates over my shoulder and sigh he was always moving on me and I can never tell why. I put on my skates and skate around on the ice looking for him.

"Yuuri~!" No reply "Yurrri~" I wrap my left foot behind the other "Yu-" I then see Yuuri he was sitting on a rock brushing the water with his tail. "Yuuri?" He jumps and looks at me

Yuuri: "Oh Victor..." I jump on the rock and sit next to him letting my legs dangle beside his tail. He looks at my legs and sighs.

"Hey, are you alright?"

Yuuri: "I don't know Victor... I just feel lost." I feel my heart sink and Yuuri splashes the water with his tail. "I'm stuck between your world and mine...."

"You're homesick...." Yuuri nods "I'm not stopping you to visit you know you could always come back." Yuuri stops moving and rests his hands on his tail.

Yuuri: "I know that but I want to share my world with you." Yuuri looks like he is holding something in his hand

"Your world? Yuuri if I could I would take that offer in a heartbeat but I'm not a merman." Yuuri swallows hard and brushes his scales and hisses a bit. "Y-Yuuri?!" I put my arm out "Did you hurt yourself?" Yuri shakes his head

Yuuri: "No I just wanted to give you something... It wasn't the most comfortable thing to do though." Yuuri gently grabs my hand and places a scale in it. "You don't need to accept it if you don't want to"

"Yuuri is this one of your scales?!"

Yuuri: "Yes it is." He brings back his hand and I see the scale turn pink with a tint of gold in front of my eyes. I smile and hold the scale with both hands.

"Wha- how? Why did it change color?" Yuuri smiles and I lift up the scale examining it.

Yuuri: "It's your scale now. If you are wearing it when you touch water-" Yuuri jerks a bit "You will be able to turn into a merman." I gently touch Yuuri's tail.

"Yuri, you really took out one of your scales for me?"

Yuuri: "I couldn't bear the fact that you could never see the world I grew up in so I gave you one of my scales so you could turn into a merman." Yuuri smiles "I was willing to go through a bit of pain for you to see my world. You have done so much for me Victor so... Why can't I do something for you?" I pull Yuuri into a hug my heart was beating at 100 miles per hour and I couldn't believe he did this for me.

"Thank you Yuuri~" Yuuri hugs me back "I will come back tomorrow alright?"

Yuuri: "Why tomorrow?" I let Yuri go and sigh

"Yuuri I am just as excited as you are but your tail hurts I want you to get some rest before you show me around your world alright~" I kiss Yuuri and he kisses me back.

Yuuri: "Alright... Could you stay for a while longer though?" Yuuri smiles "You only just got here"

"Alright, I can do that." I look at Yuuri's tail "Do you want me to wrap your tail?" Yuuri feels his tail.

Yuuri: "It might help..." I hand back the scale so I don't turn into a merman and I grab seaweed to wrap around Yuuri's tail. "Thanks for looking out for me Victor" I lightly grab his tail and look for the scale that was missing.

"Of course why wouldn't I look out for you~" I find it and start wrapping seaweed around it Yuuri hissing a bit "Sorry." I finish wrapping his tail and jump back on the rock. Yuuri hands me back the scale but it had a string around it. I take it and tie the scale around my neck.

Yuuri: "You look good in pink~" I laugh

"Thank you Yuuri~"

---- TIME SKIP ----

The next day I come back with the scale tied around my neck. Yuuri looks to be in much better shape than yesterday. I walk over and sit down in front of Yuuri he was at our usual meet up spot this time and I could tell he was existed.

"How is your tail?" Yuuri looks at me and smiles and I take off the seaweed.

Yuuri: "It doesn't hurt anymore~" I take look at his tail and look at the scale that was missing "Victor don't worry. I may not have that scale anymore but I know I used it for a good cause~" I take the scale in my hand and looked at it.

"You permanently lost this scale?!" Yuuri nods

Yuuri: "Yes but don't worry I still have a whole tail full of them." I let the scale fall back on my chest "Victor I'm sorry but you need to promise me somthing."

"Alright."

Yuuri: "Don't lose that scale. The moment you do I can't give you another one and no other mermaid or merman can... its bonded to you that's why it changed color." I nod

"I promise. I never planned to lose it in the first place." Yuuri then extended his hand

Yuuri: "You ready?" I grab Yuuri's hand and nod jumping into the water and when I open my eyes I have a tail gills scales and everything that a merman possesses! My tail is pink with gold speckled around it just like the scale around my neck and the scales around my chest are the same. I look at Yuri and he is red in the face.

"Y-Yuuri..?"

Yuuri: "S-Sorry I just didn't realize you would be so handsome as a merman~" I wobble and Yuuri keeps me up "Alright there you go... I don't know how to teach you how to be a merman..." I think for a moment and move my tail.

"It's like having one leg. But underwater~!" Yuuri looked a bit confused but gave me a smile went along with it.

Yuuri: "Alright looks like you have everything figured out." Yuuri let's go of me to see if I could swim with a tail on my own and with a few tries I could swim. "Alright. Now I can take you to the reef."

"Is that where you live?" Yuuri shrugs

Yuuri: "Kinda... It's where all if the merpeople gather" I smile and we start swimming towards the reef and when we get there it was the most amazing sight I have ever seen.