Chapter4:the workshop

You and Santa are just now rounding the bend coming close the workshop or so he says. But you believe him since he's been truthful so far. As you get closer you can see the workshop come to life as fumes from the fireplaces rise in spirals into the midnight sky. All the lights shining from each and every window. As you see little shadows only barely reaching the bottom of the window sill. When you ask Santa about the shadows he tells you there the elves. He also tells there such great and productive workers with the best attitude towards there jobs. By this time you and him have reached the workshop he parks the sleigh right by the reindeer stables. At this moment you see many tiny people which you can tell are elves rush out and start unhicthing the reindeer from the sleigh. They take off the reins and start to lead them to their stable that has their names on plagues above them. Santa climbs down off the sleigh and puts his hand out to help you off the sleigh, you take his hand and thank him for the hand. Then as you and Santa start to walk to the door you ask him a question "where is Mrs Claus?" Santa dead in his tracks. He looks at you and tells you to follow  him with a stern voice. The whole time you follow him you feel uneasy, like something is scratching at the corners of your mind. He takes you to a bit of an alley inside the workshop the whole time while walking through the elves look at you like a foreign creature, then they get back to their posts. Once you hit the spot he asks you to come in front of him to talk. As you walk in front of him out of nowhere he pushes you up against the wall, your back hits the wall with a hard thud but you stay standing you rise your head to look up in his eyes and to your surprise he has tears in his eyes. He puts his head down and rests it on your shoulder. Burying his face into your shoulder and sobing, you and him slump to the ground as you take your hand and put on his head. You cradle his head in your arms. Later he tells you that s he died long ago and that he didn't like thinking about it. To this you apologize for the flashbacks of bad memories. He tells you it's okay and he invites you for dinner. You say that would be nice and thank him for offering. As Santa starts to walk to the dinning room you stop him and ask him shouldn't it be morning by now? He says with the straitest of faces and say yes but he then says how the north pole has a field around it that slows down the time here. To this you say ok and head off to the dinning room.