1-800-273-8255

"They always talk about the importance of mental health and the importance of how much you mean to someone. It's one thing to say 'I want to get better' and physically trying to better yourself. I should know. My name is Liza Koshy, I myself suffer from anxiety and mental health is important. I am not going to lie when I say I struggle myself. Everyone does, regardless you should have the right to live. 

My struggles have been something I have dealt with for a long time. But there has been something that has shown up and supported me. David is my better half and my backbone. There have been times when I have been up crying and screaming from a nightmare or from sheer panic and he has rushed to my place to come and comfort me. He talks me through it all and says 'Its okay dear, you can only control what you can control. Your name is Liza Koshy and you help others by making videos that are hilarious and lift others spirits.' 

David has also been there when I have struggled so bad that I nearly overdosed in my own house. But that was my lowest point in my life. I remember only moments but I remember being at home and the door being busted open by him, Alex, and Scotty who found me that day. David held me close as I felt myself drifting before hearing the paramedics. I felt like I was going away from all my issues but I was just taking the permanent solution to a temporary problem. This wasn't the way to solve my problem.

I woke up about 4 hours later to David next to me holding my hand while asleep, dried tears on his face from the panic he faced in the hours before. He woke up and asked, 'Pookie why? Why did you want to die? You know you can tell me everything and I will not judge you.' That evening, I told him everything from the very beginning. From my high school days, to moving to LA, to the point at which we were sitting there. No lies, no jumpcuts, no editing, and no clickbait involved. At the end of it, I sobbed from sheer exhaustion. He held me as I broke down repeating 'Pook, everything will be okay we will work together to make things easier for you.'

Those next few weeks I went to therapy and learned ways to deal with how I was feeling. I learned how to manage my anxiety and I worked on ways to cope with my stress. I learned more about myself, how to rely on others, and David was with me every step of the way. My friends helped me by not pressing me or making me feel any less, but just surround me in as much normalcy as they could. I took more girls days with Gabbie, Kristen, and Corrina. David took some time for himself when he needed it. 

My point is this. You can control what you can and sometimes it is okay to say I need help. You are human, you are not perfect. You are worth something. You mean something to that little girl walking down the street that looks up to you. That is why I work as hard as I do. My name is Liza Koshy, and this is how I went from thinking I was worthless to meaning the world to so many people."

The audience stood up and gave a standing ovation as they applauded my keynote address to VidCon about the importance of mental health and the internet community. I felt so loved but then I looked over and David got up on stage as he walked and embraced me in front of everyone. I felt so loved in that moment. In that moment, I felt normal. In that moment, I felt complete, no anxiety, but pure bliss.

A/N: Hey!! This was a bit hard to write as someone who struggles from Compulsive Anxiety and ADHD but hopefully this will make an impact to someone that needs it. Comment and Vote!! DM me any requests and I will see what I can incorporate. Some of this was based on my own experience and is in no way meant to reflect what Liza or David feel about this heavy topic. Thanks y'all!!

-Scout1996