Chapter Thirteen

The rest of the party was a blur. People kept coming up to me, saying how happy they are for my family and how much they adore my father. I lost track after the 15th person.

"Ready to go Pumpkin?" my dad asked. I nodded and pulled Gage's hand. We slowly made our way out of the ballroom and waited for valet. 

"So, what did you think Elle?" Hailey asked. I nodded my head once again, too tired to say 'yes.' I looked down at my ring and a smile took over my face. I kissed Gage's cheek.

"I love you," I whispered into his ear. 

"I love you too," he said while kissing my hand. I leaned my head on his shoulder right as the car was pulling up. A valet guy opened the door for me and Gage. I climbed in and sat down. I fell asleep quickly. I felt a nudge at my shoulder a few minutes later.

"Babe we're at my house. I have to go, I love you," Gage whispered before planting a kiss on my forehead. I opened my eyes and kissed him back before going back to sleep. Before I knew it, we were back at my house.

I groaned at the sight of stairs. Who thought stairs were ever a good idea? Like why would you do this to us? I took off my wedges before climbing the death steps. I finally got to the top and went into my partially decorated room.

"Goodnight Pumpkin. Leonardo will drive you to school tomorrow," my father informed me. "Love you princess!" he added on.

"Love you too Dad," I said before drifting off into a long night's sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this is a short chapter, but I needed a filler. XoXo -E.R.