Epilogue: Part One

"God damnit, Gage come get your child!" I yelled into the hallway. I was holding our ten month old baby girl, Ave Marie. She had Gage's bright eyes and my smile. Currently, I was covere in spit up.

"Uh oh, did we have an accident? Here let me take her mamacita," Gage said while reaching for our daughter. I was now 25 and Gage was 28. We had gotten married as soon as I got out of high school before I went off to college. I was still very close with my mom and dad, living only a few minutes away from them. Maddie and Hailey were both twenty one, living their youth. Maddie was in college and spent most of her time playing games on the computer (nothing has really changed in the last 12 years) and Hailey was going to Yale and was a party girl.

"I swear, this child is going to be the death of me," I announced while changing shirts. Gage walked in, Ave no longer with him.

"Where'd Ave go?" I asked. He held up the baby monitor, signaling that she was asleep. I let out a sigh of relief, happy she finally went down. I looked at the clock, seeing it was 10 o'clock on a Friday night. I slammed down on the bed, tired from working all day and coming home to an infant baby.

"Well aren't we in style. It's a Friday night, we've just put down our baby, and we're both exhausted," Gage sarcastically let out. I pulled out my phone and saw I had a Facebook message from Yassy, my childhood best friend. She and I lost touch after high school, and I hadn't talked to her in years.

Yassy Ramirez: Hey girly! It's been too long

Me: I know! What's new with you?

Yassy Ramirez: I'm married now! I actually moved to Michigan after college

Me: Oh nice! Gage and I actually are married now, and we have a daughter. Let me tell you. Kids? Not a good idea. SHE CRIES SO MUCH! I still live in Vegas

Yassy Ramirez: Lol you really haven't changed in 7 years 😂 I'm in Vegas right now visiting my parents! Want to have dinner tomorrow night?

Me: Sure! You'll get to meet your god-child!

Yassy: Lol sounds awesome! See you tomorrow night

Next Morning, 10:00 a.m.

I rushed around the nursery picking up all of Ave's toys. She had a fit about something or another and threw all of her stuffed animals. She really does take after me.

"Babe can you get me a diaper?" Gage yelled up the stairs. I threw one over the loft, not wanting to walk down the death-stairs. Seriously. Nothing has changed in twelve years. 

I finally got all of the toys put away when I heard my phone start to ring. It was Maddie.

"Hey Maddie, what's up?"

"I'M ENGAGED!" Well there goes my eardrum.

"Jesus Christ Maddie. Congratulations!"

"Thank you! The wedding is in a month. It's in Seattle. Will you be my maid of honor?"

"I am honored to be your maid of honor! Send me the date so I can buy tickets and hire a sitter for Ave."

"Oh no don't order a babysitter! I haven't seen my niece since she was born. Please bring her out there! That'll be your gift to me!"

"Fine. Alright she's crying so I have to go but I love you and congrats!"

"Love you too and thank you!"

I hung up the phone and started to cry happy tears. My little sisters are growing up so fast.

"What's wrong babe? Is everything okay?" Gage asked.

"She's engaged Maddie is getting married," I mumbled in between sobs. I was so happy for her. He enclosed me in a hug and I sobbed on his shoulder. We did this until Ave started to scream. This child is so demanding!

That night, Macaroni Grill

"ELLE LILLY JONES!" Yassy yelled in the middle of the restaurant when I walked in. I ran up to her and locked her in a tight squeeze. 

"Oh wait! It's Elle Lilly Frosier now," she corrected herself. I laughed as she shook her shoulders. "Hey Gage! This must be Ave Marie!" She took the baby out of Gage's arms and placed a light kiss on her forehead. I smiled at the sight.

"Hello I'm Lilly," I said as I went to shake her husband's hand. He introduced himself as Craig and we all sat down at the paper-covered table. (A/N: This is a real thing! Macaroni Grill's tables are covered in paper that you can draw on. They give you crayons and everything.)

It was a nice evening, nothing too special. We caught up on what's been happening in our lives and talked about Ave a lot. Craig was very funny, at one point even making me spit out my drink while laughing. This was an amazing night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know this ending sucked! I am planning on releasing the next part of the epilogue soon. I have exams coming up soon though, so I may not be as active. Thanks for reading! XoXo -E.R.