Trail Ride Time!!!

I woke up at the break of dawn. I woke my mom up, Telling her " I am going out to brush Elana and clean her tack and get all ready! You should get up soon Mom!" She moaned. I went into the trailer to get dressed for today. When I finished I went into the barn and unlocked Elana's stall and put her into the cross-ties. Then I brought Poppy out for my mom. I srubbed Elana Clean. When I finished brushing Elana, I clean out her stall then Put her back in to there so I could clean her tack. Just so I knew it is all nice and clean for her. Once all of her tack was cleaned, I brought her back out so I could lung her in the arena. she was great. When I finished lunging her I brought her back out to the cross ties to tack her. I needed to ride her for a bit before the trail ride to make sure she was nice and calm. We did some Jumping because there might be some logs that we have to jump. So I always warming her up.

Everyone finally got up and tacked their horses and ponies. I am so excited! We walked down the driveway to the beginning of the trail. There were hedges to jump and logs, well so people say.

We made it about a quarter of a mile then we cantered. I felt almost free running in the open grassy fields. We came up to the first obstacle, it was a log then down to a water hole. She was perfect. Elana has never been in water before and then she goes perfectly through it. After there were some hedges. We got pretty close...then Elana spooked. I fell off and she went running. My mom and the leader of the group took off at a gallop. I was terrified that Elana would trip or get her leg caught in the reins.

My mom came back five minutes later with Elana. She had a limp. I looked and she was lame in her back left leg. I looked and she cut her leg open and was bleeding pretty badly. Everyone carried on with the trail ride, but my mom and I went back. I was afraid that she would never be sound again, and I would have to put her down.