Show Time

Today is the day I have my Horse Show. I had to get up at 5:30am to go to the barn. I am so excited. Today is the day I do my first horse show with Elana. My mom is going to the show too with Poppy! So we both got all ready and left home at 5:45am. When we got to the barn Elana had two blankets on because it was cold last night. So I put her halter on and tied her up in the stall with a net of hay so she will stand still. I got her mane and tail all clean. So I plaited her mane and plaited her tail. Once I was finished that I brushed her body clean till there was no speck of dirt on her body. Once she was all done I cleaned her tack, and put it in my show trunck. I asked my mom " Could I get the trailer all ready for her?" She answered back " Yes, put some shavings in there, and some water and hay for them while we are on the ride. " The trailer is a four horse load. With the two extra spots we usually put extra food and water. Then in the other we put our equipment.

I put all of the hay and water in first. Then grabbed Elana from the stall and loaded her on the trailer. Once she was on my mom loaded Poppy on. Once both of the horses were loaded I grabed the extra hay and water. Then loaded on the show trunks.

The place we were showing was just 10 minutes down the rode at Glanmorgan Equestrain Stables. Once we got to the barn we had to go to the back field to put the truck and trailer there. After it got all parked my mom tolled me "Go bring Elana out of the trailer and tie her to the back of the trailer and tack her up." So that was what I did. My mom did too. When we were already we cantered to the barn so we can have our practise course in, then to the show ring. I was doing the 2 ft 3 course. The corse is not that hard.

They called my name "Logan Peterson and SuperFly Elana" I entered the ring. I cantered at the first corner. I came up to the first flower box, I cleared it. In between there was just a couple of plain jumps and a flower box. Last is a oxer. We canter up to the jump. I counted " One Two Three Up." I heard a clunk. I got close enough away from the jump to turn my head to see that we...Cleared it. We won. My first show with Elana was the best. We are going to nationals. I exited the arena. My mom and coach waited for me outside of the ring. They congratulated me. As they congratulated me, my mom jumped up on Poppy and Krystal Jumped up onto Jorjia. We cantered back to the trailer. It was the Time Of My Life! I untacked Elana, and walked over to the stool. My mom and I went for a nice relaxing bareback walk back up to the barn. We put Elana and Poppy in the stalls we rented. I walked out to the show arena to watch the next group show. Before the show was over my mom and I took the horses back up to the trailers and loaded all of our tack. We left early to go back to the barn. When we got there I put Elana back in the stall. We in loaded the trailer and went home. After a long day I went home and started to read my favourite book "The Eighty Dollar Champion". I was reading my book and found my self asleep.