Part 3

Yan Da's forehead creased when the man in her tent hadn't come out yet. An hour had already passed since she left him inside, leaving him to his own devices.

Worried. She went back inside.

"Wei! Are you alright!?" She asked when he saw the man on the floor, moaning in pain. She helped him back into the bed. "Ya! Why didn't you call out!?"

Shi just groaned, clutching his stomach. Yan Da gently wiped the sweat on his forehead. "Is it that bad?"

He rolled his head, resting it on her shoulder. Shocked at his actions, Yan Da stiffened. No man had ever been this close to her. Well except for her persistent suitors that end up being burned badly in the end.

She blinked, eyes darting from the things around her tent. She could feel her heart beats erratically. Her brows furrowed, feeling quite confused. What's going on? Why am I being like this? She's surprised that she didn't want to push him away. In fact, she wants to pull him closer towards her.

A shiver went down her spine when his breath caressed her soft skin. Feeling that her heart was like about to explode, she quickly laid him down the bed and left.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

Shi opened his eyes when she left. A mischievous smile then curved his lips. I finally got to be with you. I won't let you go that easily. Besides, you are the reason why I decided to come in here. However, I never did expect to meet you.

The real reason why he decided to go to the mortal realm was to find a rare gift for Yan Da. He heard from their people that she has a massive interest on mortal things. He planned on formally introducing himself on her birthday. If things go well, he'll starting courting her from there.

However, it seems like fate has different plans for them. Letting them meet in an unexpected way.

The next day...

Yan Da decided to go to the healer tribe. It has been a while since she saw her friend Luna who is married to the current chief Huang Tuo. The two had been dancing around each other for years. Last year, though, the two tied the knot and now, they are expecting their first child.

"Get ready. We're going to the healer tribe. If you faint along the way, we'll leave you behind," she stated coldly. Yan Da decided to treat him this way, labeling him as a danger to her.

Her heart had already been broken once and she didn't want to experience that kind of pain ever again.

Shi kept quiet, following her orders. Ignoring the piercing pain that he felt in his heart because of her coldness.

(^_^) (^_^) (^_^)

"Luna!" Yan Da said happily. Eagerly but carefully hugging her friend. The toxin healer laughed at the other's enthusiasm after she got over the shock that the fire princess is there.

"Finally got your father to agree to come here, huh?"

Yan Da grinned. "Well, that's one way to put it."

"What do you mean?" Luna asked in worry. "Did you ran away?"

"No! Why would I do that!?"

"You're really asking?" Luna stated, making Yan Da laughed. True. She's been planning on running away for some time and Luna knew about this.

"Father allowed me to travel. I'll tell you the whole story later. Where's Huang Tuo?"

"Out. I'm craving for some mangoes so he went out to find some."

"What kind of mangoes exactly?" Yan Da asked in suspicion. Her friend has been asking peculiar things about the food she's craving like a guava without seeds, a purple banana and so on.

Yan Da remember that one time when Huang Tuo went to see her. He was almost crying because of his wife's demands.

"A mango without a seed," Luna replied. "And he has to bring it to me whole and untouched."

Yan Da winched at that. "Sometimes I wonder who's the real sadist between us."

Luna chuckled. "Well you're the bad influence. Let's go in. The rooms are most likely ready by now."

Yan Da nodded signaling her men to follow her and Luna inside.