Part 8

"Shuo Gang?" Yan Da stated, surprise that her brother is there. Well not really because Xing Gui is his fiancé. However, the scent of blood on him is suspicious. "Did you come here to visit Xing Gui?"

"Yes and some, "he answered, rising her suspicions.

"I see." She said, eyes narrowing. Xing Jiu smirked. Yan Da's actions confirmed his thought. "Yan Da, why don't you go and tell your troop to go and look around first." He said, meeting her red fiery eyes.

"I already did. So, are you guys going to beat around the bush or are you going to tell me what's going on?"

Shuo Gang sighed, giving in. "You're too observant... Just promise me that you won't burn the whole palace. Okay, Mei?"

"No promises." The fire princess stubbornly stated. Xing Gui smiled. She loves her sister- to-be's stubborn attitude.

"Phoenix attacked Blaze city yesterday. A lot of us were injured but luckily we all got away. Xin Jue is in the ice palace right now with the others. Ka Suo took them in."

Yan Da gritted her teeth. Her hate for the bird king is growing deeper by the minute. "A-and father?"

"Father..."

"Don't hide anything from me brother. How about our father!?" She said, a glass broke beside them.

"Yan Da calm down. Father is in the mermaid palace. Mermaid Saint is helping him heal his soul."

Yan Da closed her eyes, remembering her dream. Her father almost died because of that insolent king! She could feel her body pulsed in anger.

Calm down Yan Da. Calm down. She chanted on her mind repeatedly. But she's failing miserably. In fact, she could feel her temper rise even more. Responding to her anger embers of fire started to come out of her.

"Yan Da!" Shuo Gang called out, trying to make her come back to her senses. He cursed. This is why he didn't want to tell her. His sister couldn't control her powers whenever she's angry or overly emotional.

"Gongzhu!" another voice then called out. Yan Da gasped. Slowly, the embers of fire diminished. That surprised the trio. Never before had anyone calm Yan Da down that fast.

"Yun Fei?" they heard the fire princess utter, quickly turning around to look at the man behind her.

"What are you doing here? And you're alone!? I told you not to go anywhere without anyone beside you!" Yan Da said, going towards him.

"But Gongzhu..."

"Don't but gongzhu me... You hard-headed Yun Fei. What if you faint again and there's no one there?" She said, pinching one of his cheeks.

Shuo Gang's eyebrow rose at what he's seeing. There's no hiding the affection that his sister has for the man. Yan Da never let anyone close to her like that. Unless she genuinely likes and trusts them. He smirked. Happy that his sister found someone.

Xing Jiu and Xing Gui looked at each other, stifling their laugh. The duo knew what's really going on between the two and they decided to play along with the young ice prince's plan. Besides they kind of ship the two together.

So adorable.