Part 12

The fight was intense. Yan Da put on a calm demeanor though, putting her trust on Shi. It was only him and Phoenix now. It seems like the king has no plans on relenting. He was already profusely bleeding from his left side but he was still standing.

"I won't let you have her," the king spat. Eyes fixed on his rival.

"So do I. I heard about your ways. There's no way that I'll let Yan Da fall into your hands."

The king laughed, readying himself to attack. "Let the best man win then." He stated, charging. Yan Da clenched her fists when she saw that Shi barely deflected the attack.

She looked around subtly, looking for the signal. Xing Jiu and the others should be here by now. They already located Liao Jian and she already gave them Hei Feng's blood to unlock the chain holding him.

"Darn, it guys. Where are you?"

Meanwhile with Shuo Gang and Xing Jiu...

They were fighting too. It seems like Phoenix predicted that this will happen. He put most of his men outside the cave where Liao Jian is. Fortunately for the two, they were prepared for this. So, they weren't caught off guard.

"Finally, the last one." Xing Jiu said.

"We better hurry. We took a lot of time fighting them," Shuo Gang said, entering the cave first. Xing Jiu quickly followed him.

With Shi and Yan Da...

Shi attacked continuously. Not letting Phoenix retaliate. The sooner he finished this the better. One attack and Phoenix is down.

"Just give up already," Shi stated coldly. Phoenix laughed. Blood coming out of his mouth. He then raised his hand, launching an attack. Shi quickly evaded it.

"You're very stubborn." Shi said about to finish him off when he heard a scream. He looked back. His calm expression turned into terror when she saw Yan Da fall down from her seat. Blood coated her dress.

A sinister laugh then filled the air. Shi looked at Phoenix with hatred, launching a powerful attack. It would torture Phoenix before killing him.

"I- I s-still w-won. Now, n-o on-e ca-n h-ave h-er." He stated before taking his last breath.

Shi quickly ran to Yan Da, pulling her into his arms. "Yan Da..."

"Ying Kong Shi..." she answered softly. A smile on her face. "Y-you won."

"I did," he said, tears falling from his eyes. " That's why you have to be strong, Yan Da. Please, don't leave me."

Yan Da gasped. Tears falling from her eyes too. " I-I'm sorry." She cupped his face. "Y-you're r-eally beautiful, y-you k-now? I- would l-love s-seeing you every morning w-when I wake up."

Shi pulled her closer to him when he heard that. "Me too. I would love to see you every morning beside me. I love you, Yan Da."

She smiled, feeling herself get weaker.

"I l-love y-you t-oo. I-I S-sorry..." she uttered, closing her eyes.

"Y-yan Da!" Shi called out in pain and desperation, hugging her body tightly.

On the side, Shuo Gang, Xing Jiu and Liao Jian stared at them in horror, feeling something inside them die. Especially, Shuo Gang who was frozen in shock.