Chapter Six: All Grown Up (A Day in the Life Of Lily)

(I know the ideas in this chapter might seem weird but they're going to work great with the storyline!)

6 years later
January, 2009

Lily's Pov

I popped my chewing gum and sat on the brick wall with my friends. "Damn girl a C. Ain't your parents gonna be mad?" My best friend, Shay asked. I folded the paper and shoved it in my pocket. "Hell na they don't care" I retorted. She shrugged and started talking to someone else.

My phone beeped and she grabbed it before I got a chance. "Oooh who's texting you?" She teased, looking at the phone. "Shay give it back!" I shouted trying to grab it. "Oh it's your sister" she said instantly becoming uninterested and handing it to me.

Royal

Where are you?

L: At school why?

R: Dads asking

I sighed and put my phone in my bag. "I've gotta go. See ya guys" I said dropping my skateboard on the cement. I pushed off and headed back home.
———————————————

I walked down the path in one of the flower fields and saw Royal sitting on a tree stump with her guitar.

"If there was ever a man
Who was generous, gracious and good
That was my dad
The man
A human being so true
He could live like a king
'Cause he knew
The real pleasure in life
To be devoted to
And always stand by me
So I'd be unafraid and free"

"Hey" I said, interrupting her. She gasped and put her guitar down. "I'm sorry Lily. I didn't mean- it's not what it looks like!" She said quickly defending herself. I knew she accepted Michael as her Dad but I just couldn't. There was a part of me that stayed loyal to our birth parents.

"How can you betray our Papa? He loved us!" I shouted. She wiped away tears and ran towards me. "No he loved you!... and only you." She said and ran to the back door. I noticed Michael standing on the deck and looked away.

"Lily" he walked down the steps and stopped in front of me. "Your sister is happy. I know you don't consider me as your Father but please just let her be" he said with disappointment written all over his face. "But-"
"No buts. Go to your room" he pointed to the house and started walking back.

I ran inside and upstairs to the bedroom I was sharing with Paris. She was at her desk on the computer and glanced up at me. I jumped on my bed and fell face first into the pillow. "I hate my life" I muttered. "What did you do this time?" She asked. I looked up and rolled my eyes at her. "I didn't do anything. Royal is a golden child to him" I stated. "You know that he loves you just the same as us" She retorted. I don't care, He's not my Dad. I love him but it's just not the same."

3 hours later

"Michael!" I ran into his office and stopped by the giant wooden desk filled with knickknacks from all over the world and randomly piled papers. "Yes Lily?" He asked softly, looking over the computer screen. "Can I go to Brooke's house? Please" I begged, clasping my hands together. "I don't know you've been pretty disrespectful to your sister" he said, raising an eyebrow. "But I apologised! I was supposed to be studying for Algebra with her tonight" I reminded him. Michael stood up and shuffled through some files. "Okay but be home before 10" he agreed. "Will do. Thank you Michael" I said giving him a hug. "Love you sweetheart"...

I ran to my limo and pulled out my massive makeup case onto the car seat. "Does your Dad know you're here?" Brooke asked. She also doubled as my manager. "Yes and no. He knows I'm with you but has no idea where we're going" I explained. She glared at me and brushed some bronzer onto my cheeks. "You're not going to be able to keep this a secret for long" she commented. "It's already been 3 months. I'll be fine."
———————————————

"I don't know where I'm going
But, I sure know where I've been
Hanging on the promises
In songs of yesterday
An' I've made up my mind,
I ain't wasting no more time
But, here I go again
Here I go again"

TO BE CONTINUED