t h i r t e e n

I managed to escape again during the night, following what her note said and getting to the court at exactly midnight. She wasn't there yet, but I knew she wouldn't keep me waiting long. 

The night was rather windy, but thankfully this sad excuse of an outfit was keeping me warm. I looked up to try to count each star, which is seemingly impossible. I'm sure somebody knows though. I'm sure a crazy scientist somewhere out in Korea has an unthinkable number written down on a sheet of precisely lined notebook paper, with his signature signed at the very bottom so everyone knew of his incredible mathmatical capablility. If I were him, I'd sell it on Craigslist. "Approximate number of stars in the sky."

Okay maybe not.

"Come on, Alyssa." I murmered to myself, sitting against the metal fence that was fourtunately off, my foot tapping against the pavement in a quick and steady pace.

I thought about what we would do. Does she want to attempt basketball again? Does she want to tell me something? I like how she's mysterious. You never know what she's going to do, but when she does it, you fall in love with her all over again.

I took out her note again from the small pocket that was sewed into my shirt which was obnoxiously too large. I scanned her handwriting, the way each lower case letter somehow connected. It wasn't cursive, it was kind of like a print-cursive. It was beautiful, I don't know how to explain it other than that. 

It took about ten minutes until I finally saw some fog covered headlights out in the distance. I laughed softly to my self as I watched them turn off quickly, knowing that she probably realized that it was a bad idea to have them on. Moments later, she was making her way to the courts, inching closer and closer to me as she slid against the side of the building like she did a couple of times before. 

"I'm sorry for the wait." She said, brushing her bangs back with one hand and digging around in her pocket, eventually pulling out a bobbi pin to obviously pin them back. 

"Leave them down." I whispered, the pin already in between her teeth. She gave me a small smile before pulling it out from her mouth andd pushing it back down into the material of her pocket, shifiting her body down to sit beside me.

"You don't like them pinned back?"

I shrugged. "I like them pinned back, I just think you look prettier when they're down."

She nodded in assurance to my compliment as she pulled on the sleeves of her flannel, holding her crossed arms to her chest and clenching her jaw. I couldn't help but laugh. "Dude, are you cold?"

"It's the wind, it makes me cold."

I ran my index finger over her goose bumped skin, watching her eyes look down at the contact we were making. "You can my shirt if you want, it's pretty warm."

"No." She shook her head. "No, that thing is filthy, you don't know how many rapists or prostitues wore that thing."

"You're calling me dirty?"

She laughed. "Yes."

"Bitch."

"Whore" She snapped back. I smiled and watched her eyes as she looked at my other hand, her note clenched tightly in my grasp. "How'd you get out again?"

I sighed before responding, knowing she'd ask that question. "Well, you see, I just watched how you got out from the room that morning you left from my bed. I remembered the combinations and the way you shifted the locks, it's pretty simple."

"You watched me leave? I thought you were asleep." 

I gave her a smart smirk and shook my head. "Nope, I felt that kiss you gave me."