You Look Great

-Dominic's POV-

-Hey M.D we haven't seen ya in a while, mind giving us some entertainment?

I looked down at the text for a moment. It was from one of the guys on charge of setting up the street fights. I responded back to the text saying 'I'll be there' but that wasn't why I was hesitant.

Why wasn't it Xavier? I thought as I packed my things and got ready for tonight.

Normally we'd let each other know when our fights were and when to arrive even if Xavier was a bit less dependant on me and did most of it all on his own, I'd still always hear from him. However, ever since I got out of jail I hadn't heard anything from Xavier and that was worrying. Even if he was the strongest street fighter in the world, that didn't make me any less worried for him.

He was the closest thing I had to family for a large portion of my life. He was my rock, my support. he cared a lot about me and I cared a lot about him. We just expressed it in our fists rather than our words.

It wasn't long before it was 11 pm and time for me to get going. I made my way through the back entrance of the bar and stood faced with the guard. He quickly moved out of my way and let me in once seeing me approach. He was afraid of me like a lot of other people in this bar was but the fear was well deserved.

When I first started trying to get into this bar in order to fight, I had to countless things such as sneaking in, asking for free passes and faking my identity but soon Xavier told me I had to prove my strength in order to be able to fight here comfortably. And that's what I did. I had a fight with the guard. That was the only way I could gain his respect and fear. This was also what attracted the owner to having me work here. Now I have all the respect I need as a fighter.

I walked inside with confident stides towards the street fighter's section. Music was blasting in the background, alcohol was in the air and I could hear the multiple screams and shouts of people who are hear to both party and watch us fighters entertain. And although I preferred the smell of blood, sweat and tears over alcohol, my nose has started to remember it as if it was my natural smell.

Once I got to our designated area I came to see it was crowded as usual which made me smile. Nothing had changed in my absence. That's what I had thought anyway, except when I started walking to my room I noticed the fighters would glance my way and move away before whispering to each other which caught my interest.

Whispering was not something us street fighters did.

It was obvious they were whispering about me but I decided to ignore it and keep walking but before I could reach my room I was spun around by a guy that I was fairly familiar with. "M.D." he treated with his hands on my shoulders, holding them with a tight grip. I raised my eyes brow slightly looking straight at him. "Grinder." I greeted back, a bit wary and even more worried about Xavier now.

"I don't think you should go in there. Have a break! I think you need it!" He said, trying to pull me away from my door but I stood my ground. Have a break? I haven't found for two months. What's he on about? I thought before replying, "No, I'm fine bruv. I was called in to come and fight." I informed calmly, crossing my arms.

He looked nervous at my new position but kept trying to pull me away anyway. "No, you need to go," he instructs but I didn't have the patience for this. I took a tight grip on his wrist and twisted it behind his back in one swift move making him groan in pain. The room was already paying attention to us but now no one was trying to hide it.

I leaned back slightly to make sure the whole room heard when I said this, "Look, alright, you don't tell me what to do." I said and let him go with a little push. This time he turned back but didn't try to stop me.