Canterlot

My eyes opened groggily as I sat up and looked at the clock. 6:30. Time to raise the sun. The castle was dark at these hours. The only ponies awake were usually the guards Luna or I. I walked outside to see my sister getting ready to lower the moon.

"Good morning dear sister" she said smiling. "Do you like the star patterns I have put up?" I smiled at her and gazed up. It was Luna and I, I don't know how she does this but it amazes me everytime.

"They look lovely sister" we started our usual daily routine. Lowering the moon, raising the sun, waking the guards. I was sitting on my throne when a servant walked in.

"Hello your highness" she said kneeling down.

"Ivy, so good to see you, do you need something?"

"W-well, I was walking near the palace entrance when suddenly a crystal pony galloped in. The guards have to secure them and they sent me to warn you..." My eyes opened wide and I gasped.

"O-oh, ok..." I reply thinking. "Send them in" Ivy nodded and rushed out to tell the guards.

A moment later a teal colored mare trotted in

A moment later a teal colored mare trotted in. Her mane was purple with a strip of bright blue. Her cutiemark a gem stone. But unlike most crystal ponies her mane was deflated. Her color dulled.

"Your highness, s-sorry for the interruption, I am the only crystal pony to escape the empire." She explained. Escape? Escape from what?

"Excuse me but...escape from what?" She took a deep breath and looked me in the eye.

"Sombra...has returned."

•________•

"Sister, should we not being the guards with us?" Asks Luna as she puts on her armor. I grab my helmet and slide it on.
"I don't want them to get hurt"

"They're trained for stuff like this!"

"Luna, Sombra will be like nothing they've ever fought. Remember the spell we put around the empire? Sombra should NOT have been able to get passed it...I fear...I fear he is not working alone" Luna gasped at this, but nodded. We finished suiting up and walked outside.

 We finished suiting up and walked outside

Luna walked up to lieutenant Copper and whispered something in his ear

Luna walked up to lieutenant Copper and whispered something in his ear. He nodded and yelled at the other guards. They rushed off and Luna walked back up to me.

"Shining Armor is in the Crystal Empire, Cooper is the next in charge. Let's go."