Conversations

I feel as though the minutes are fading into hours, and the hours fading into days. A blurry mess of of days that never end and weeks that pass faster than I can blink. I'm trying to keep it together, I'm trying to keep composure but the blood lust is calling and I don't know how much longer I can silence it. Trying to fit into human society means no drinking blood casually out in the open. Suppress the hunger, force your mind out of your primal instinct, and fit in so no one knows your secret. The blood of animals will only go so far and living in the city you have very few options. I can feel my heart racing in anticipation, the thoughts of sweet warm blood gracing the lining of my throat sends shivers down my spine, the cold sweat that beats out of my pale skin draws me further to the edge until-
"Whoa Marshall are you okay?????? You're burning up!!!"
The feel of Gumballs hand on my should is enough to break me out of my thoughts "huh? Uh yes yes. I'm fine, I think i just had some undercooked steak at the restaurant"
"Oh no will you be okay for the conference??"
"Yeah. Yeah I'll be fine, I'm gonna take a quick shower and try to shake off the cold." Without hesitation I darted straight to the bathroom and into the shower. With the coldest water the hotel had to offer I rest my forehead on the cold wall in front of me trying to get my mind out of the red fog that hypnotizes me. I feel my fangs hitting my gums as I try to keep it together. "Fuck. Fuck. FUCK. Not now I need to keep it together just a few more hours. Only a few more hours. Only a few more hours..." I continued repeating as my fangs shrink back into place and the red fog disappears. Finally composer fills my body and I shake off the last of my instincts. I exist the bathroom with a towel draped loosely around my waist, water still lay across my body. "Hey Marshall you feel o-" the rush of red to Gumballs face was enough to make every the strongest of men collapse. I let out a small chuckle and grinned at the silly mess of man before me. "What? Like what you see?" I playfully wiggles my eyebrows and Gumball nearly lost all sense of sense "ARE YOU OKAY THATS ALL I NEED TO KNOW" I let out a laugh and began pulling out my freshly dry cleaned suite "yeah I feel better, I have some aspirin in my shaving bad I took some and I feel better" I hate lying. But Gumball can't know yet. I get dressed in my form fitting grey slacks and grey button up shirt cuffed at the elbow, Gumball wearing khaki form fitting slacks and a navy blue button up. I won't even lie, Gumball was looking pretty sharp "you know Bubba, dark colors look very good on you" I unapologetically look at Gumball up and down telling myself to relax before I get a surprise in my pants I won't be able to get down. "Shut up Marshall and let's get ready for this damn conference" Gumballs blushing face said to me as he fidgeted to get his watch on his wrist "here let me help you" I walk over and place Gumballs hand in mine, his shaking hands were making it impossible to clasp the hooks together. The bright blue veins that shown through his pale skin as enough to make me drool. I had to remember to keep calm and not attack Gumball. "There. Now come on you dweeb we're going to be late for the conference."
"Excuse me I am not a dweeb"
I rolls my eyes playfully at the goof before me as as we existed the hotel room and made our way to my car. "Marshall, are you nervous?" Midway down the stairs I pause and question the boy behind me "about?"
"This conference" I raise an eye brow. I'm like a thousand years old, nerves left my soul years ago.
"Why would I be?"
"These are high people....messing this up could cost us a lot of money...I'm just worried I'll mess something up." I turn to look at Gumball, his hand gently placed on his opposite arm and his head hung down. I pick his chin up and look him in the eye "you're a fantastic, intelligent, and bright young man Barnaby. You'll do exceptional in this conference." A warm smile graced the face of my man before me and a hand was placed gently on my cheek "thank you Marshall." The drive to the conference was a comforting quite as songs played softly in the background. "Hey Marshall?"
"Yes Barnaby?"
"Do you ever miss it?"
"Miss what?"
"Your hometown." The question caught me off guard, truth be told, while on this constant quest to gain the love of my eternal soul mate I also think about my younger years constantly. "Yes. All the time. You always hear about Tokyo and while Tokyo is a beautiful place the country side is just as nice. But just more traditional."
"What was it like. Like, in your village. Do you miss it?"
"What's with the sudden third degree bubba?
"I just...I want to get to know you..you're..you're like a never ending adventure.." I chuckled a bit, remembering how when me and Gumball first met long ago we'd venture in the woods for hours. Gumball loved flowers, we'd walk into the ends of the forest as Gumball spoke of what flower you can eat or what flower would be good in healing medicine. When his ship landed in our villages port he explored our forests any chance he could and learned the flowers of our land. Cherry blossoms were his favorites. "My village was small. My family was filled with love and admiration for one and other." I tried to find the right words to spill without revealing who I was. "My father, the leader, would boast about me at the village dinners telling all the elders how his son was the best hunter of our village and that I was the reason we were feasting a great dinner that night" yeah a dinner of humans. "Do you ever miss your parents?"
"I miss them more than you can imagine. But they died fighting for the people of my village and their only son, for that will be forever grateful." The sweet silence quickly became awkward and tense. Gumball sat in his chair looking out the window pondering what to say next. "You know Marshall. Even though you're a pain in my neck at work, and my father can be a jack ass. You're more than welcome to have a home with us." The statement through me off guard, I raised a suspicious eyebrow and questioned the boy "and what makes you say that Bubba?"
"I just...I feel like you're lonely at times. You never really communicate with our fellow coworkers, you do your work and leave, you go home to an empty house I would assume. Does that not get lonely?"
"I've been alone since I was 17, I've gotten used to the quite."
"Do you. Do you ever want to be with anyone?" I giggled as the question was asked "of course."
"Do you want to be with a male or female." It was more of a statement than a question, i couldn't help but laugh at the constant questions. "Well what do you think Gumball?"
"I don't know what's why I'm asking."
"I am complete homosexual male and assholes turn me on. Figuratively and practically."
"Oh....." the silence fell awkward and hard yet you could feel the anticipation of Gumball being able to have a chance. Oh if you only knew my love.

Sooner than later the time will come and you'll be once again. For eternity this time Gumball.