Chapter One

We stopped, full battle gear weighing me down. Ward moved easily, the vest not stopping him from accomplishing his main task. I panted, squatting and running through the dark hallways. A gunshot rang out from in front of me followed by a thud from down a hallway. I squeaked, then silenced myself, in case of someone nearby. He turned back towards me, half glaring. I smiled guiltily at him and he turned back around. We moved further down the hall, passing the thing that made the thud. It was a person. He wasn't dead, but just hit with an icer. Unconscious.

We moved further down the hall, trying to make it to the power room. By turning off the power, Coulson could take the Centipede team out by surprise. May could unarm the guard while Fitz and Simmons have their little flying robots drain the energy from the computers. Then maybe, maybe we'll be one step ahead of the clairvoyant. I had just recovered from when Quinn....but lets bygones be bygones. And finally take them down.Ward had stopped from turning a corner and looked back at me.

"You ready?" He whispered. I nodded without hesitation. He turned back around, and moved forward. I waited ten seconds, like in the game plan, then followed. The guards had already been taken out by the door and Ward had disappeared into the room. I moved pasts the unconscious bodies and stepped into the room. I found Ward standing by the doorway almost blocking from letting me in. I was puzzled and stood next to him, realizing what he was looking at. He looked at me, with a look on face that didn't need words. I looked at him, the silence between us growing as we realized that our plan had gone horribly wrong.