Chapter Two

Ward and I stood in front of a huge supply of unconscious centipede soldiers. Each one was wrapped, like a candy, and groups were neatly lying down on top of each other in large crates. The room seemed to go on for a ways, and I could barely see the back wall. Ward lifted his icer back up, expecting one to attack him.

"Ward, are they all...?"

"They aren't dead," he replied, knowing what I was thinking. He walked towards them, holding his weapon out in front in case of an surprise. I looked around, spotting a desk with a computer on it. Strange place to have an office space, I thought.

I walked cautiously towards it. I reached the desk, searching under the desk for a blinking or glowing device of some sort. None was to be seen. I looked at the computer. It looked older, maybe from 2006 or around then. It's keyboard was covered in a pretty thick layer of dust. I clicked the mouse and the screen buzzed on. Now this was more my speed, Ward could go handle the zombies.

Within a few seconds, a screen asked for a password. Four large spaces filled the screen, where I suppose letters or numbers were to go. At the bottom, a little hint button was flashing. I clicked on it and three words appeared: Enter Your Name. I was shocked. Normally hints were like, childhood pet or second grade teacher. I was not expecting this.

But I was curious and curiosity got the best of me. I called Ward over, taking him from his daze.

"What's up?" He asked, then saw the computer screen. "It works? It looks so old..." He looked around it, for a trap of some sort.

"Wait, the team. Coulson? May?" I asked.

"I can't reach them from down here....this wasn't the plan." He shook his head, as if it was his fault. I couldn't blame him. He made Coulson let him take point on this mission. He couldn't screw it up now. I looked back at the computer, at the hint. Enter Your Name. It's probably not mine name, but I couldn't help but wonder...

I started to type it in, when Ward grabbed my hand from the keyboard.

"Do you know what you're doing?!" He almost yelled. I looked down at our hands. I sighed. Then I looked up at him.

"I don't. I'll be honest. But unless you let go of me, we won't know otherwise." He stared at me, waiting a long few seconds before he finally released my hand.