3

It has been 3 week since Nazani helped Angela who cried just because her boyfriend cheated on her with someone she forgot the name to and since that day , Nazani and Angela had become as close as two peas in a pod. They would hug or smile at each other, Angela would occasionally invite Nazani to eat with her and her friends and Nazani would accept because she thought Angela was just being nice. That was a word Nazani would not have used to classify her a few weeks ago.

             So one day, Nazani forgot her car at home because her parents were at it again and she just wanted to get out of their toxic environment. She followed the bus and got to school later than she hoped for, missing her first period and getting detention. The old Nazani would have panicked, but

This Nazani,

The new Nazani,

Thought differently.

It's just one detention slip right?

One can't do any harm she thought and after all, she still have a perfect gpa .

   After detention, there was no way that Nazani could catch the bus and she didn't welcome the idea of walking home, but did she really have a choice?

     "You need a ride"

Nazani looked at Angela and like before in the bathroom when she felt those warnings, she still accepted her offer.

So what exactly is wrong with Nazani?
  After Angela dropped Nazani at her doorstep. Nazani was afraid to enter the place she once called a home, but like always, did she really have a choice?

    Nazani was welcomed to a broken home. How could she have been blind to the troubles between her parents, she tried remembering any signs she could've missed, but she found none. So what really happened she questioned herself?

Everything made out of glass, shattered was what she was met with and no one was home. So she did what  anyone would have thought of doing, run. Fortunately, Angela was still waiting to make sure she was alright.

      "Are you ok"

  "Yeah. I just want to leave this place"

       "You could come to my apartment, I have an extra room"

And at that moment, At that point in time, Nazani knew exactly why she was still hanging around Angela. It wasn't because she pitied her, no, it was because she felt free with her, no burden, just free and that's what she had in mind when she took her offer.

Like and comment ..
Thanks