6

Melissa had been bullied right from the beginning of junior year till now. She had become anorexic and that kept her going.
   When she saw Nazani helping Angela she knew nothing good could ever come out of that, but she didn't speak, she never spoke. She was always on her one. She was only noticed when she was bullied because she looked easy or because she's smart or has long hair. There was one time she got bullied because she was alive and they hated the fact that they had to share the same earth with her. That was Melissa's tragic experience of high school. So when Nazani became popular, things got worse for her. People would write mean things about her online, beat her up and tell her to just go and die.
Melissa wanted to die so badly, the thought crosses her mind every single day of her life, but she couldn't, she had to pay for her little brother's chemotherapy. Ever since Melissa's parents died in a fire, she had become an orphan and shortly after, her little brother was diagnosed with cancer. Melissa had to work 3 jobs to be able to pay her brother's bill. That's why she had to study really hard and get as many scholarships as she can. Basically, Melissa was living for her brother and no one else.