Chapter One

Kira and Dawn were sleeping peacefully until their little five year old came running in and jumping on them "Mama , Daddy! Wake up! Wake up!" She yipped as she climbed on them, "I want to go too the market!" She laughed. Kira smiled as she woke up "Lillian, not today, we went yesterday" she said softly, "awe, but Mama!" Lillian cried, Dawn laughed softly as he rolled to where he could see them both "Lillian , Listen to your mother" he said gently, "I have to go too the mine, I will be back before sun down love" he said as he kissed Kira then he got up and hugged Lillian "you be good Lily, do not go running off and you stay with your mother" Dawn said. "Okay Daddy!" She said as she smiled and hugged Dawn, "that's Daddy's girl" he said as he hugged her back, then he left out. 

           After Dawn left , Kira got up. She patted Lillian on her head as she smiled softly "your father will return , no worries , lets work on your reading and hand writing" she said, "okay , Mama" Lillian smiled as she held her hand and walked with her. Kira kept Lillian out of the village school in fear they would find out she was an elf so she kept her at home most day, teaching her how to read, write, spell, speak, and other skills she would need. Kira also would get other language books, Lillian was very intelligent. Kira could not believe how fast Lillian was able to learn and how much she enjoyed to learn. Kira made some breakfast with what they had, which was not a lot. As she was cooking , Lillian was reading to her. It took about thirty minutes for Kira to finish preparing the small meal, she gave Lillian most of it since she was growing. "Lillian, grab your coat and hat so we can go to the market when you finish your breakfast" Kira said, "okay Mama!" Lillian yipped as she hurried to finish eating.    

          When Lillian finished eating Kira pulled her hair into a bun and put a hat on covering her beautiful white silky hair and to cover her ears to hide that she was an elf. Kira then helped Lillian put her coat on then the two of them left the house. They walked down the street to the market. Lillian was following Kira as she was looking around, she watched as her mother chose what they were going to be eating for the next week with their budget. As Lillian was trying to focus on her mother something drew her attention away, a little boy had tossed a ball at her which made her stop walking and Kira did not notice as she kept moving. Lillian looked at the little boy as he walked up to her, "hi" he said, "hello" Lillian said. "I haven't seen you in school, are you new here?" He asked her. Lillian shook her head "no, I have lived here my whole life" she replied to him, "oh, who are your parents?" He asked. "Kira and Dawn Fisher" she replied, "So you live two houses from mine and I still have not met you? Why don't you go to school with the rest of the kids?" He asked her. She shrugged slightly not answering, "oh well that is okay, you want to be friends?" He asked her. Friend? Lillian had never had one before, she smiled as she nodded "okay!" She said. "Cool! My name is Ryan Meadows" he said, "my name is Lillian or you can call me Lily" she replied. "Okay, Lily follow me!" Ryan said as he ran off, Lillian smiled and chased after him , forgetting about her mother and shopping. 

      Lillian chased after Ryan all the way up the village, by the time the two stopped running they were laughing. "What now?" Lillian asked , "want to play catch?" Ryan asked. Lillian nodded softly "okay!" She said as she stepped back, Ryan smiled as he threw the ball to her and she caught it. The two played catch for a while and then found other games to play for the next hour. Then Ryan's mother came up "Ryan! Why have you not come home , your father is furious" she said, "I was playing with Lily" he replied to her "I don't know who this is but you need to come home now" she said as she grabbed his hand and pulled him a long with her, "bye" Ryan said to Lillian as he was pulled away, "bye..." Lillian said softly as she stilled held his ball. She then started to walk home, when she got there she opened the door to find her parents crying "what's wrong?" She asked them. Kira and Dawn jumped up from their chairs "Lillian!" the two cried as they ran over to her , hugging her tightly. "Where were you?" Dawn asked her "I was with Ryan, we were playing!" Lillian said as she smiled "who is Ryan?" Dawn asked, "he is one of the neighborhood boys" Kira said, "they must have ran off together while I was shopping" Kira said. "Lillian I told you to stay with your mother, you could have gotten hurt, whats this? Is this Ryan's ball" Dawn said to her, Lillian nodded, her smile fading now because she knew she was in trouble. "Did you take your hat off at all while you were playing with him?" Kira asked her, Lillian shook her head "no, we stayed outside the whole time" she said. "Lillian , do not run off again" Dawn said. Lillian nods softly, Kira and Dawn hug her again before Kira took her coat and hat off then the three of them ate the dinner Kira had prepared for the family.