Chapter Eight: Initiation

Chapter Eight

Diana's P.O.V. 2012

      At school, I act like I haven't seen the hate page that was made for me. Everyone acts the same; even Rachel. She acts all smiley and peppy and happy. If she is acting, I could too. It would only make things worse if I tried to confront her. As always, staying quiet would be best. "So, I was thinking for my birthday party I could set up a water slide and do a cook out or something. Wouldn't that be amazing? Oh! I could also get a chocolate fountain because I mean, who doesn't love chocolate, right?" I don't know if that was supposed to be another painful stab at me or not. 

       So, I just nod. 

       "What's wrong? You aren't even paying attention to my problems right now. You're kind of being an awful friend." 

       When she says that, something snaps inside of me. How dare she say I was being an awful friend? I was helping her with anything and anything that I could. She was the one posting about me and calling me fat all the time and putting me down. I wanted to scream and rip her stupid blonde hair out of her head; but I couldn't. That kind of reaction would start a lot more things that I couldn't handle. 

       "I'm sorry, I just have a lot on my mind right now." 

       She nods without even asking what was wrong and continues to blather on about her party that I don't care about. She is an awful friend and I know it. I should cut her loose and say good riddance. But, she is the only friend I have, no matter how terrible. 

       I can't lose her.

       After all, it's lunchtime and my plan starts now. As soon as we enter the cafeteria, I immediately sit down at a lunch table. As always, Rachel sits with her group of friends. I sit alone but this time it is okay because I won't be eating. No one stares at me now. I don't hear whispers of, "Why is she eating?" Instead, I only hear whispers of crude names like overweight, obese, ugly. Every new phrase sends a wave of pain coursing through me but I have to remind myself that it's okay. 

       I won't be this heavy for much longer. 

Author's Note

Hey guys! Okay, I'm sorry this chapter is so short but it is just a filler chapter. The next one will have a lot of stuff happening. Trust me, this story is starting to pick up. I can't believe you guys have helped me take this story so far already! I'm constantly surprised by you guys! Please, tell me what you think and I will see you soon! 

Shelby F.