Chapter 1; The Beginning

I glance around the dark room, sick of being hidden from the world because of the hit on me. I never wanted to be part of this status, I didn't want to be the target, ever since I was about five I have been stuck inside, i am now eighteen.

I glance out of the curtains, watching the colourful scenery of Italy take motion. I sigh, wishing I could experience the day to day life of an average person as I sit at my wooden, antique desk, sketching out what I see outside. The snowy December weather settling on roads as you watch children building snowmen in the park and making snow angels, making me smile at the warmth of the happiness from them.

I watch the buildings and roads beginning to get cloaked with white. Smiling at the beautiful scenery before me I get called downstairs by the housekeeper, as I get up and walk downstairs I hear muffled voices, some I don't recognise and one in particular I realise is my fathers driver as I rush down the stairs and into the living room.

"How's father?" I ask quickly as his driver, Enzo, smiles and nods, "The kings okay, Princess Ayra" he says.

I smile and nod as Enzo talks to the housekeeper, "The king would like Princess Ayra to come home for a few days to spend Christmas with them" he speaks up as I smile widely.

"Oh please Rosa, I really want to spend time with my family" I plead, making a praise gesture.

"Okay, but keep her safe Enzo, her families places is hours away" Rosa sighs in defeat as my eyes widen in excitement and I run back upstairs to pack some things.

I pull my suitcase out from under the bed and shove a few of my dresses and clothes in, including some of my other things as I zip it up and run back downstairs, Enzo smiles and pulls a cloak over my shoulders and pulls the hood up so my identity is hidden.

He takes my luggage and leads me out of the car, neither me or my driver and body guards realise the news videoing everything as they lead me into the car as I smile widely at the feeling of the snow against my skin and clothes, as they place my luggage into the boot and begin our journey.

I keep my gaze out of the window, mesmerised by the snow, the excitement overtaking me as I get to spend time with my family after thirteen years. I smile and talk with Enzo on our journey.

After a few hours, we are driving alongside a white forest, a deep forest, as it's easy to get lost in and takes up most of the land in this area. I look at the white coated forest as all of a sudden a car comes racing towards us and smashes into the side, making our car flip onto its top, the glass shattering like my hopes for survival, as I hit my head and cry out in pain as I hold my head.

I look at Enzo through my blurred vision and see him passed out possibly dead, tears well in my eyes as I start to smell burning, realising it's the car as I unbuckle my seatbelt and kick my way out of the car and cough once I'm on my hands and knees in the deep snow.

I hear voices from a far and start panicking for my life as I start running with a slight limp as there's a massive gauge in my leg and hip. I run deeper and deeper into the forest, knowing that this was not on accident, they're after me, the reason why I've been hidden away for years, the reason to my nightmares and bad childhood.

I hear footsteps in the snow behind me, I hear the bullets from their guns dancing across the sky, along with a horrendous bang with each shot.

I hold up my dress as I run through the deep snow, trying to find a place to hide as I hear them shouting my name and I climb under a broken tree and pull my knees up to my chest, covering my mouth with my hand to muffle my sobs.

I know this is the end for me, I know I'll never be able to spend time with my family or see them again as I'm under there for a while, thinking about how little of my life I've had to enjoy.

Suddenly, I'm grabbed by a forceful grip, dragging me out from under the tree and wrapping rope round my wrists as I scream out as agonising scream. They put duct tape round my mouth and start dragging me across the snow, as I try to pull back from the restraints as the bearded, tanned man smirks and yanks me, making me yelp as it begins burning my wrist, they shove me into the back of the van, freezing and scared, what's going to happen to me now?