Chapter 6; Interrupted

I've been training myself mentally, emotionally and physically for a few weeks at the training camp from the CIA Black Ops camp where Mitch, Hurley and the other recruits are to keep training.

It's late, about 4am and I'm awake, training in the gym room. I attach the boxing gloves to my hands, strapping them up as I start hitting the punching bag, hard, creating loud thuds that echo throughout the room.

As I punch the punching bag, flashing images appear in my head, reminding me of how weak I was when I was kidnapped, fuelling my anger and rage.

I finish with the punching bag and go to something bigger and stronger as I grab the handgun and start shooting the mannequin, tears welling in my eyes as I lose control in my thoughts.

I load it quickly and continue shooting, my thoughts driving me insane as I hit every shot on target, getting better and better at my training. They start becoming overwhelming as I feel like I'm going to break down, I've barely slept in the few weeks I've been here, just wanting to be the best possible version of myself I can be.

I've barely eaten as well, I've turned down multiple meals to train, I've dedicated everything into this. I feel weak but I continue until I feel a pair of arms wrap round me and gently push my arm down with the gun in, removing the weapon from my hold.

Placing it on the counter beside us, our eyes lock. He brushes a strand off stray hair behind my ear, sending waves off affection and warmth through my body. A smile spreads across his face, making me blush with a small sweet smile. Our eyes stay locked on each other as we slowly move in, slowly shutting our eyes as we lean in.

His phone starts buzzing, as I hear him mutter under his breath, cursing himself as he grabs his phone and wonders off, talking to the person that's on the phone.

I slump back against the walls, sighing, as I slide down the wall, my heart shattering into a million pieces like a brick being thrown at a glass window.

All the feelings that have been building up for weeks were all powered into that moment and it was ruined, of course it was, because I never have luck.

He walks back over, "Irene says you can go on your first mission once you get a decent amount of sleep and start eating properly again" he says and kneels down in front of me. "Do you really think I haven't been monitoring your behaviour? Ayra, this is really unhealthy, especially with the amount you're working out" he says and takes my hand gently into his.

I nod slightly and keep my gaze away from him, until he lifts up my chin and says, "promise?"

"I promise" I whisper as he gives my hand a light squeeze and leaves again, as if all that was a dream by how quickly it came and left.

I run my hands over my face, feeling so stupid for even thinking I had a chance with him, I'm a broken, miserable princess that is weak, and well Mitch, he has his life together, he's strong and happy.

I may not know anything from his past, as he's never opened up to me, never trusted me fully, but a guy living his life like this, showing no emotions has never felt hurt before right?

I get up and pack all my things away, checking the phone Hurley and Irene got me so they can keep in touch instead off going through Mitch all the time.

It's 6am, the time everyone's awake and training, but me no, this is the time I go out to the dark gloomy forest, letting off steam in a different way from training.

I put my things in my locker and jog out of the building and into the forest. Once I reach the lake I strip off from my joggers and crop top, now only in my bikini as I dive in, swimming always relaxing me.

The sky blue sea, engulfing me into the dark pits of it, I forget all of my emotions and thoughts and focus on swimming.

Once I've finished, I climb out and walk back to the training site, only in my bikini as I head to the locker room again, having to share it with all the boys as the building hasn't been updated for women use. I grab my clothes and walk into a bathroom stall, changing in their so no one can see me.

*

I walk back to mine and Mitch's apartment, thinking about how I'm supposed to face him after this morning, how am I suppose to hide how I feel?