Chapter 8

So This Isn't Hypothetical?

Ashton’s P.O.V

The next day, I knew that I had to talk to the guys about being with Lexi.

I wanted to know their true thoughts, so I had a little plan to see what they thought about the idea before telling them that we were together.

Michael had found out the night before but he said he wouldn’t mention anything yet & obviously I cared about what Calum & Luke said.

While we were sitting eating lunch, I brought it up.

"So, I have a question."

"Go." Luke told me.

I saw Michael smile a little, he knew where this was going.

"So you know I like joked & called dibs on Lexi, right?"

Michael nodded. “Right.”

"Well, I think that I really do like her."

"I mean, that’s a little obvious right?" Calum laughed at me.

"No, like I really like her."

Luke then turned to me. “Whatcha gonna do about it?”

"What does she feel?" Michael asked me but obviously he knew the answer already. At least he was playing along.

"I would talk to her about it but I don’t know, we talked a lot while we were in Scotland & maybe there’s something there."

"But we aren’t here that long." There’s Calum, stating the obvious.

"Does that mean we shouldn’t do anything?"

"I’m not sure." Luke answered me. "I mean sure, it could be fun but Ash, you’re going to be heartbroken if you’re with her & then we leave in April. With Take Me Home, we physically can’t come back to London until like November.

"I’m with Luke. It could be cool & like I wouldn’t mind but I would just think of the future, like after we leave. Don’t let your mind think this is permanent. What if you really fall for her & then you literally have to leave." Calum added.

"I’ve thought about that. I know that will suck but I’d also go into it knowing that it isn’t long-term."

"Friends with benefits?" Michael asked me, from what he saw last night, that’s what it appears.

:In a way but like not really. We know there are feelings there.”

"Wait, but do you know if feelings are there?" Luke caught me.

"What?"

"You just said you now there are feelings there…do you?"

"I’m assuming." I tried to catch myself.

Michael tried to hide his smile. “I’d assume so as well.”

"I guess like it would be an experience." Calum said.

"I just worry about after. Like heartbroken Ash won’t be fun." Luke told me & I was glad he was worried about me but still, I wanted to do this.

"I think we could help him through it & regardless if he dates Lexi or not, we’re all going to be leaving here, like we’ll all miss her." Michael said, at least he was on my side.

"That’s true. I guess talking to her is the first step." Calum said to me.

"What if I told you I already talked to her…"