Chapter 39

Suppressed Feelings

Ashton’s P.O.V

I was having a great time at the after party. I won’t lie though, seeing Lexi dance had brought me down a little bit, like knowing it was the last time she’d be dancing for me. & then our show was bitter sweet because it was ending our London life but also the last show Lex would be standing at the side for, the last one I could run off afterwards into her arms, kiss her. This was it. 

We’d be leaving Manchester tomorrow, we’d have about a week in London to pack up & then we were off to Sydney.

I was down to my final days with Lexi.

I was able to push that away & enjoy the party but really, I was just drinking to hide those feelings. I was taking shot after shot, not taking water breaks or anything because I didn’t want to feel the pain that I had been holding in all day.

I guess I hit my limit because when I had went to the toilet, I just stopped & looked in the mirror & all of those thoughts & fears came flooding at once.

I was really intoxicated so I didn’t remember exactly what happened but I do remember Calum walking in a few minutes after me &him finding me sitting on the floor of the bathroom as I was crying.

I couldn’t tell him why I was crying, not that I didn’t want to but I physically couldn’t talk. 

He had ran to find someone & then Luke came in & with Calum, who was the most sober & he dialed for a cab to come, knowing he had to get me home.

I knew Lexi was with Michael & I didn’t want to leave her but I knew she was safe & I didn’t want her to see my cry.

The guys sat with me in the bathroom until Calum had gotten a call that the car was here for us.

We all walked down a side door & found the cab.

The last thing I remember was Luke saying that he was going to find the others upstairs & catch a cab home soon. Calum buckled my seat belt & my head fell against the car window.

Then it went black.

Lexi’s P.O.V

Michael & I looked all over for the other three but no one had seen them. Michael checked all of the male toilets in the club & still no sign of them.

All of the sudden, Luke came out of this side door & I ran over to him.

“Where were you Luke? Where’s Ashton?”

He signed for Michael to come closer & then he told us,

“Uhm, Calum & Ash went back to the hotel.”

“”What happened to my baby?!”

"Ash drank too much, he’ll be okay though. Calum is relatively sober so he’s taking care of him. Cal called for another cab so we can leave soon too, okay?" 

I just lost it. I was crying & I just wanted to go find him but I was so worried. I knew Ashton knew his limit, he had been out so many times, like he knew what he could handle so why did he overdo it tonight?

It felt like forever before we found out the cab was downstairs for us.

I think the shock had sobered Michael up because he was really coherent & told the driver our hotel name & everything.

I just sat in the backseat between those two, not sure what to do.

“Stop crying, he’s gonna be fine. It’s not like none of us haven’t been at that point before." Luke told me.