Chapter 52

"I'm so sick of crying."

Ashton’s P.O.V

I had just poured my heart out to Lexi. I showed her the song I stayed up all night writing & we just talked which allowed me to tell Lexi exactly how I was feeling…which was still completely in love with her.

“Uhm…” Fuck, she was hesitating. This couldn’t be good. Why would she hesitate? If she loved me the way I loved her, there would be no hesitation.

I then started second guessing everything I had just said, everything I had just done. Was it too much? Was the video & my talk too much? Did I overdo it? What if I read everything wrong & even though Lexi may not be over me, she didn’t want to get back together. What if only I wanted Lexi back & she still wanted to get over me?

I was so lost in my own thought that I hadn’t noticed Lexi get off of her stool & walk in front of me. She stood right in front of me, she looked right into my eyes & she grabbed my hands.

“Ashton, I want nothing more than to be happy with you.”

“Wait, really?”

“Yea, really.”

“Thank god. Oh my god. Come here." I pulled her into my arms & I kissed the top of her head as she just held onto me. 

“See? I belong here. I belong right here with you.”

“I’m never letting go again. I promise we can make this work, okay?”

"I believe you, Ash”

“I don’t care what I have to do, I will make sure this works okay? No more broken hearts.”

“Good. I just want to be with you Ash. That’s honestly all I could ever want is to be with you.”

“That’s all I want too.”

“You just make me so happy. ”

I pulled away & cupped her face in my hands. ”No more tears then. I don’t want to see you shed anymore tears." I wiped a few that had fallen from her watching the video.

“Deal. No more tears. I’m so sick of crying anyway.”

“I’m really sorry we had to go through this though Lex.”

“Well, I think it’ll make us stronger, right?”

“Yea, I think so too. It also made me realize exactly what I want in life.”

“Yea?”

“Yep. You. I mean I love music but it doesn’t mean shit unless I have you too.”

“Awh. I just missed feeling safe with you. I miss feeling loved & protected.”

“Well, now I’m back so it’s going to be okay.”

“Yea, it’s gonna be okay. We’re gonna be okay.”

“Can I kiss you?" I whispered to Lexi & she just nodded & bit her lip before pressing her lips right to mine.

I literally could have kissed her for days, making up for the past four months but all we needed at that moment was a sweet kiss, maybe saving more for later.

“Oh my god, I’m so happy right now." She basically squealed. 

“So am I.”

“So you really think we can make this last?”

“I do. We have an entire week here together, I can come try to visit you between leaving here & the Aus tour & then October might be questionable but then I’ll be back in November for the Koko shows. But hey, I want you to come spend Christmas with me in Sydney.”