Chapter 20

Ashley

I fell asleep watching T.V. and I would still be sleeping if my brother hadn't started singing 'Baby' using his highly developed vocal cords and if he hadn't dropped ice and water down my back. Come on man, I was sleeping so peacefully. What did I do to deserve this? Reluctantly, I got up and chased my brother down and into the kitchen.

"Who did that to your face?" my Dad asked. I didn't get it at first but then realisation dawned upon me.

"Edward!!!!!" I whined and stomped my feet. This wouldn't do me any good, I know. But I like doing it because the Dad takes my side.

"Edward!" Dad's voice boomed from beside him.

"Chill, Dad. It's okay. It'll wash away easily—" I heaved a sigh of relief after hearing this. But then...

"—if I didn't accidentally pick out a marker." I. Am. Going. To. Kill. Him. I just picked up the apple sitting in the fruit basket and threw it up at Edward which he, to my disappointment, quite swiftly caught.

I rolled my eyes and groaned at his amused expression and went to clean myself up.

Luckily, my brother was kind enough to choose a gel pen rather than a marker. So it got off easily. You wouldn't imagine what all he drew. He drew a moustache and a beard with a small scar on my forehead, a mole under my left eye and an eye piece on the right eye. He chose to be quite artistic with me. I wonder why I didn't wake up with this much artistic work going on my face.

Nevertheless, I got ready before Edward because you see I wasn't in the mood to do dressing up again and again. I just changed my jeans to a faded ripped one and did away with my brother's hoodie and instead put on my own black one.

My brother walked down a while later in a crisp blue shirt and black trousers, looking all classy.

"Hey, I didn't know we were supposed to dress classy!" I exclaimed.

"We weren't." he replied plainly, fixing his cuff button.

"But you're looking so..."

"Good?" he asked with an amused expression.

"Yeah."

"Well, you see. I just wanted to look more decent than you."

"Ouch. That's mean." I faked hurt.

**********

"Where are we going?"

"You'll see."

Quite satisfying an answer. We've been going around streets for like fifteen minutes and I can't wait any longer. Suddenly, we stopped in front of a restaurant. Rosalyn's. I looked up at Edward to see him smiling down at me.

"You remember?"

"How can I ever forget?!" he simply replied.

As we take a seat I look around the place. It's been so long. It's changed so much. The curtains are a dusty peach now and they've given the tables a more ethnic look. Back then, it was a more casual restaurant and less crowded. Not many people came here. But now everything has changed, as have our lives. It's frightening sometimes how quickly everything changes.

Actually, this was the restaurant my mom worked at when she met Dad. We came here very often with her. She knew exactly what we should eat and what was the best thing on the menu. But it's good to be back, here. It feels like I'm closer to Mom somehow.

"So are you going to tell me or not?"

"Tell what?" I asked blankly as we ordered our separate food.

"Ashley!! That's not fair!" my brother whined.

"Okay, okay. I'll tell you."

Cue dramatic music here as I take a deep breath.

"Well, we fought! I mean, I and Bryan. I don't know, it was just—"

"OMG!! You're first fight ever! You two are so adorable together." he squealed like a girl.

"See, that's why I don't tell you anything, over-dramatic creature!" I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, go on." he pretended to seal his mouth.

"So yeah, he was upset because he thinks Mike is not good enough and he's not what I think he is. He thunks Mike wants to take over his basketball captaincy. And, he said that I shouldn't go to him when Mike gets bored of me. That I shouldn't go crying to him. I mean, Mike is good. He's good to me. He compliments me. What's wrong with that?" I took a deep breath while Ed gave me a sympathetic smile.

"Your know, the thing with boys is that they are either very possessive or they don't give a shit. Two extremes, yet you won't be able to find out which of the two he is." As Ed talked K could see that look in his eyes where he goes all protective on me. Been a long time, mate. "All I want to say is that Bryan cares for you and if he thinks Mike is not good he must have seen something in him. See, Bryan has been your friend for so long, just trust him. Boys know each other better than girls. Trust me!"

I gave him a small smile and squeaked out a little yet over-used thank you. Just then a waitress with the name tag Amy came over with our orders. My brother looked up at her and smiled his million dollars smile as if he already knew her. She too returned the smile before keeping the food on the table and leaving.

While I dug into my food, curiosity got better of me, so I asked, "Who was that?"

"Who was who?" he asked taken aback.

I gave him the look with my right eyebrow raised.

"Uh! She is my girlfriend."

"Whatt?!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Helloooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Long time, no see!! How are you guys??!!! All good??

Well, I know my writing sucks yet I keep writing! 😅😅 But bear with me.. I need to get better at this.. 😛
How was this chapter? I mean, maybe it's not what you guys expected it to be, but still it's some progress, right?!

Btw I'm about to take my ISC Class XII exams!!!! How crazy is that?!! I really don't want to take these exams and neither do I want to study! But this life sucks and I have to deal with it! 😅😅

I'm really very hyper today because from tomorrow I've to start studying for my Preliminary exams!! And these exams seem endless... They don't stop. Believe me! It's sooooo scary!

Well I can go with this all day because I'm meeting you guys after a long time and I will meet you again after a long time maybe... I'm not sure..

BUTTT.... My readers don't worry.. 2018 will see the end of Tangled Strings... I've pledged to complete it.. It's my new year resolution... It's in my bucket list... Et cetera et cetera... 😂😂😂

Bye guys hope you enjoyed this chapter... Don't forget to hit the Vote button down below and if you like my book you can even follow me!!!! How. Cool. Is. That!!! 😱😱😱

PS- Dedication to an amazing person... An ARMY like me! I love your art! Seriously enjoy them!! Love you.. Thanks for uploading such amazing pictures so that I can take a screenshot!! 😊😄❤

See you guys again..
Vote. Comment. Share. Follow.

Love,
Anshara.❤