best friends stick together

~ Kenny's POV ~

Dammit! How the hell has he gotten so fast! I'm exhausted by running after the dude! I think as I run after Cartman , who was quite a way ahead of me.
"DUDE! WAIT UP!" I scream , after a couple more minutes of running  cartman slowly comes to a stop, but he isn't looking at me. I stop by him and doubt over , gasping for breath.

"So...people just think I'm the same jerk as before.." I heard him say , he's still turned away, but I can tell he's crying by the shaking of his shoulders.

Finally getting my breath back I stand up and put my hand on his shoulder. "Dude.. there stuck in the past. It doesn't really help that tho one actually knows where you went. I don't think your like that. You were just a sadistic kid. We're both pretty much adults now. We can talk properly"

"The reason I left...it's a long story..." I hear him mumble. I turn him around , and see that his brunette hair is a mess under his hat and his cheeks wet from his tears. "Tell me. I'm your best friend Eric. I deserve to know at least"

After a long while he sighed and mumbles "fine, but not here. Let's go to my house" and starts walking.

"Cool. We get to skip school!" I grinned and followed.

~ Cartman's POV ~

Kenny won't forgive me.. not when I tell him why.. I just know it. But he said he wanted to know so that's his problem I tell myself as we exit the school. "Wow , security is shit here. At least there was a slight chance to get caught in elementary" I stated.

"PC Principal believes that no one should feel caged , as it might offend minorities or whatever. So people can just ditch whenever they want" Kenny rolled his eyes when saying The principals name , hands in his pockets as we walked.

"Bet the Jew feels oh so welcome" I smirk , looking at Kenny , who had a slightly annoyed expression. It's so weird to see his face , considering he used to wear his orange coat all the time with the hood up. Making it both impossible to see his face or understand what he was saying.

"Kyle keeps trying to get rid of him. But it just backfires. Kyle is a smart kid , but when it comes to plans , he is really dumb. None of us seem to be able to come up with anything"

I laughed quietly , already thinking up a plan. We walked up to my house and I bought my key out. "Maybe...I could think up something. Watch where you step we haven't unpacked everything fully." i shrug and open the door , walking in , with Kenny following.

I flipped down on the sofa , throwing my phone on a pillow next to me. "So. What do ya wanna hear?"

"Whatever u wanna tell me dude. I'll all ears" Kenny says , sitting on the floor.

Ok..here goes nothing...

~ Kyle's POV ~

RING RING

As me and Stan made our way to class butters ran up to us , panting

"Heya fellas! Have you seen Eric? I needed to ask him something" he looked worried but eager as he looks up at us , rubbing his knuckles together.

Stan looked at me , worried. "Uh...no , we haven't seen him since lunch.. why?" I asked looking down at the smaller blonde male. Butters is one of the only kids smaller than me in our year , so Stan pretty much had to look straight down at him.

"Well...um...I found something with Eric's name on" he said , looking both ways , to check if anyone was around. He looked slightly stressed.

"Well...what is it? Tell us butters!" Stan said , a hint of urgency in his tone. Butters pulled us where the cameras wouldn't see and slowly bought out a green handled pocket knife , the blade had blood on it.

"How...how do you know that's Cartmans?" Stan asked , taking hold of it. Where..where did butters find this...

"I-it says his name on the handle, I found it in the first story bathrooms. It uh.. was in the last stall" butters said , looking up at our worried faces , not understanding.

"That's why Eric was in there..he..no..he couldn't...he wouldn't.." my voice trailed off in shock , just staring at the blood stained object. Was Cartman ... Cutting himself.. why though.. nonono... I need to help him..

I stumbled backwards , and into the row of lockers next to us as the final bell rung. Butters looked at me.
"Are..are you ok Kyle?" He said , Helping me up.

"Yeah..could we keep hold of this butters? We're gonna go see Cartman now so we'll give it back to him" I smiled faintly as he nodded.
"Well , sure fellas! I have to go or I'll miss the bus , I'll be seeing you!" He said , running off.

"What...what are you gonna do Kyle?" Stan said , watching me whilst holding the pocket knife.

"I...I need to help him.. he's going through so much obviously...I need to help him" I looked back pleadingly, tears building up in my eyes.

"Then let's get over to his house" Stan said , reassuring me with a small smile.

We started walking quickly out the school.