reasoning

SOME OF THE CONTENTS OF THIS CHAPTER MAY TRIGGER SOME. READ AT OWN RIAK

~ Cartman's POV ~

I take a deep breath , looking up at the ceiling. I could feel Kenny staring at me , waiting patiently.

"Well... It all started about a week before I left. Me and my mom had been arguing about... something , I can't remember what. But in the end I stormed out and walked to Starks pond , it was about 11:30pm , I knew because I kept staring at my phone , hoping she'd call me saying sorry and to come back. But she never.." I spoke in a low tone , remembering the night as if it was happening as I spoke , I shot a quick glance at Kenny , who was now hugging his knees. He looked interested and was looking at me , head slightly tilted.

"I stayed out until the next morning , not even going back then. I mad my way to the bus stop. I guess I looked tired or whatever because you stared me down. Trying to read my expression. The same thing happened day after day , the arguments getting more heated each time." I fiddled with my hands , remembering how pissed off my mom got.

"The day we left we had had a huge argument... She had seen a homosexual couple getting married and was fuming. We all know how my mom reacts to gays." I roll my eyes and laugh slightly , Kenny does too.

"She started yelling at me , about how that as sick , and shouldn't be legal. I began to defend gays. Saying they're not bad and to just give them a chance and all that. Totally not acting like my usual self. She then accused me...." I look to the ground , thinking about how she hissed the words at me. How she attacked me after I didn't reply.

"...of being gay." I mumbled, Kenny  looked at me, "what did you say in response?" He asked.

"I didn't reply. Then she realized." I said , staring him down. His eyes widened "Cartman.. your...your gay!?"

"....." I curled up on the couch , hugging my legs. "I'm not done.."

"Oh... Continue" he said , trying to sound reassuring , but it came out as more surprised.

"She kept hitting me. As I was about to Black out I heard her say 'we'll soon put you straight , honey. Let mommy fix you.' she then picked me up. That's the last thing I remember before I blacked out" I shudder and tears start to swell in my eyes.

Kenny got up and came over to me , hugging me tight. I cried on his shoulder for a while. "What did she do to you. Why did you move..?" He asked quietly.

I sniffed and sat back. "She drove us to Texas. To a correction camp. It was awful. They electrocuted me , any time I had a .." I showed quotation marks as I said the next words. "..gay thought." I sighed. "She made me endure that for 3 years. After she realized it wasn't working , she ditched me in a mental asylum. I was beaten , raped and came close to death multiple times. I would of happily died. But the refused to let me. I was tortured for 2 more years. Before me and a friend , Gregory managed to break out. He was just like me. He went to find some help from his home town and I came back to mine. I found out my mom died in a car accident a year back. Leaving everything in my name. So... I've been trying to pick up where I left off..." I finished , my voice cracking constantly , tears streaming down my face. He's going to hate me...he's going to laugh at me for being gay... I'm going to loose my only friend...

Kenny pulled me into a hug. "I'm so sorry I didn't do anything to help you.. I'm so sorry you suffered so much" he whispered as we hugged each other.

I was surprised , thinking he'd just laugh or call me a lier , but then I remembered..this was KENNY. He knew me. He knew when I was telling the truth. He's my best friend.

I smiled weakly and broke away. "I just don't want to remember it" he nods , he understands.

I hear something hitting my front window and stand up quickly "the fuck was that!?" I saw something green and something blue and red deck down. "For fuck sake.. I can see you , you know" as I said that they stood up , it looked like they were crying.

Shit..they had heard..thank God I didn't say how I found out I was gay... I rolled my eyes and went to the front door letting them in. Kyle launched at me , hugging me tightly.

~ Kyle's POV ~

"How much did you hear" I hear Cartman demand , as I hug him.

"We heard mostly everything.. from about the correction camp" Stan said , his voice stuffy as he stood behind us.

I'll kill whoever did this shit to him. I thought , still crying and hugging him.
After a long while I pulled away , as he just stared at us both , his stunning chocolate eyes now dull and looked as if all hope had gone. " We're sorry... For everything we said earlier.. we didn't mean it" I stammered looking up at him.

He sighed and sat back down on the couch , holding himself. I wish I could hold him..make all the badness go away.. make him feel happy once again..

Me , Stan and Kenny all just looked at him. Not sure about what to do when Stan finally spoke up "how...how did you find out you were gay Cartman?"

Both and Kenny shot him an annoyed glare. What the hell... The dude just let his secret out and your asking that!? I can't believe Stan sometimes...

Cartman briefly looked up at me , our eyes making contact. I felt myself start to blush as he stared. He looked down again , sighing. "I kinda knew ever since 4th grade...when I started to like someone I really shouldn't.."

Wait...was...was...he on about....me…? I watched him in silence , blushing more at that thought. Stan must of noticed and elbowed me , whispering "dude. Your blushing"

Ah...shit...who the fuck cares.. I said to myself , I grinned slightly at this.

"Cart-eric... You've said so much. We shouldn't ask questions that you don't want to answer." I said , after a minute of silence.

"Agreed" Kenny said and he hugged his best friend again. "Oh , cart? Just to let you know. We missed the old you. Yeah you were annoying , but we loved you for who you were. This goody goody Cartman is .... Just weird. And totally not what we need." I saw Cartman smirk ask Kenny said this , hugging him back.

Gahhhhh... Hes so damn cute when he smirks!! I smiled and sat down on the floor , Stan sitting beside me.

~ Kenny POV ~

Having already figured out who Cartman had , and might still possibility do , liked. I tried to change the convosation , so he didn't feel awkward.

"Yeah. Being a goody was more of Kyle's thing!" I hear Stan say , laughing slightly , still in tears.

"HEY! IM NOT A GOODY!" Kyle yelled , punching stan in the arm and everyone burst into laughter.

"Oh? But I thought you liked being a teacher's pet , kahl! All that free merit , exactly what ta filthy Jew would want" Cartman laughed , a tone to his voice that no one had heard in over 5 years. mockery.

"Shut up , fatass" Kyle laughed back. His cheeks flushed a pinkish color. I don't think anyone else noticed but me though and I smirked. Someone clearly has a crush.

It was nice to hear Cartman finally act like himself. I was glad to have my best friend back. And im sure Stan and Kyle were happy to have him back too.