summary

the stargazer

PERHAPS BEING normal was something that Piper Chase would never achieve. She always stood out for the simplest things whether it was her sandy hair or the eerie glow of her bright blue eyes. 

Nothing changed the way she was different. Piper knew this since she was born. Nothing in her life made sense. Nothing in life stayed. Everything was all just a mess and to make herself feel better, she told herself everything was fine. 

Nothing was fine. Following the death of someone close to her, Piper realizes that everything she knows is all gone. Normality was no longer ever an option. She thought it was just the mourning- it was beginning to take a toll on her mental health. She blamed it on that. 

But then the signs began to show themselves and little by little, Piper realized just how different she was. In just one night, her entire life shifts for the worst. Hunted by all types of things that she hoped never existed, her life was no longer her own. Enemies show their faces alongside allies. 

Strangely, Piper finds solace in someone who knows her pain. He knows the feelings that come with loss. He was experiencing them himself. They were both damaged to the core, seeking shelter in one another until the last minute. 

What will they do when they realize it was never meant to last?