The Art of Forgetting

What does it take to forget?

Does it take a new love to forget and old love? Do you entertain a mere possibility for a chance to forget a failed certainty? If a new love can heal and old one, where do you find that new love?

Does it take time to forget? What amount of time can heal a broken heart? Is it as short as finishing a bowl of noodles or as long as to die of an old age?

Most of the time, the most difficult thing to do is to forget. The mind is willing, but the heart still cares. The thoughts say no, but your heart beats go.

When you’ve had your heart broken by the wrong guy, don’t pity on yourself. You might, for a brief moment, but then you have to realize that the wrong guy is always a step closer to the right one. That there’s no right if there’s no mistake. There’s no light without the dark.

You hate that person, and you hate yourself even more for falling for a person that clearly doesn’t deserve you.

If a past love comes back, the choice will always be yours.  Do you let it come back, or do you keep it waiting by your door step?

If a past love you want to forget is always around, what do you do? When all the while you’ve thought that it’s all long gone, but at a split of a second—at the most unexpected moment, you realize it’s not. You realize that as long as that love is around, there is no room for you to be free. So long as that love is around, no matter how hard you try to forget, people will always make you remember.  Sometimes, all you can hope for is a knight in shining armor with his race horse to carry you away.

That moment when you thought that the past is long gone is the very moment that you realize that it never was, and maybe it never will. That past is a part of your being and who you have become now. 

Love is an ever repeating cycle. It is a cycle of happiness and pain. You don’t run away from pain just to find happiness, because in a cycle of happiness is an equivalent pain. In a cycle of pain is an equal amount of joy. You go around in circles, getting hurt and falling in love because they will always co-exist. 

There’s no easy way to forget or to fall in love.

It sucks, and it always will.