Chapter One

Something is about to happen, everyone. I just know it. I can feel it. This has happened before. It's big, bigger than all of us. One is already here. 

Waiting.

I think maybe for him.

We can't be sure if the Second is with us. But if he's waiting for him, I think not. No second chances for him, no mistakes allowed. We all know what will go down if he comes here... None of us can go through that again. 

Nobody should go through that.

Promise, please, be cautious. I'll lead the charge. I promise.

Are you ready?

-----------

"You're the new night shift worker, right?"

"Yes sir."

"Jeremy... Fitzgerald?" They were sitting in a small office- not the one Jeremy would hopefully be using, he hadn't seen that yet. The chair he was in right now was certainly uncomfortable, but that wouldn't be a problem.

"Yes sir." The man interviewing him smiled, looking down to Jeremy for a brief moment before going back to a small file. He was in a uniform. Pastel blue. Security badge. Kind, big brown eyes.

"Are you nervous, kid?" 

Jeremy hesitated, and nodded slowly. "This is kind of a big deal for me. It's the first job I've gotten on my own."

The man glanced up from the file, chewing at the corner of his mouth. "There's no need to be frightened, or anything. All that talk about this place... it's just talk."

"'There's nothing to fear,'" Jeremy murmured, smiling down at his hands. "'It's all just the start of a thrilling career.'" The man chuckled.

"Exactly."

Jeremy hesitated on his next words, and then meekly asked, "Is there really nothing to worry about, Mister-"

"-Scott." He held out his hand. Jeremy took no hesitation to shaking it. "Most employees call me 'Phone Guy', for some God-awful reason. But I'm Head of Security for Fazbear Entertainment now, so I can't complain too much." Scott almost sounded proud.

"Congratulations."

He shrugged, and then leaned forward, voice reaching a conspiratorial tone. "You didn't hear it from me, but I didn't want it. More pay, but waaaaay more paperwork. Boss insisted, though."

"Sometimes we must do what's expected of us..." 

There was no talking for a moment. Jeremy sat awkwardly while Scott stared at him, bemused.  "You know something Fitzgerald? I think I'm going to like you."

"Am I hired, then?" He asked hopefully. 

Scott smiled briefly before taking on a somber expression. "Welcome to Fazbear's, kid."

"Oh... Oh!" The kid sat up, beaming. "Thank you so much, sir! I won't let you down, I promise!"

The Security head wave his hand dismissively. "Don't worry about it kid, you'll be a great addition to the team. Now, it's Saturday, so come back tomorrow to get a feel of the place. You'll be starting your shift on Monday. Get some rest... you'll need it."

"Yes, sir." Jeremy was positively vibrating.

"Calm down."

"Yes, sir." Jeremy thanked the man again and almost tumbled out of his chair. Cheeks burning and nervously chuckling, he dusted himself off. He was heading to the door before Scott said one last thing.

"Jeremy?"

"Sir?"

"... Happy birthday, kid."

The eighteen year old blinked. "Thank you."

It was only after he left that Jeremy realized Scott didn't exactly answer his question...

------------

And so it shall begin. Things are all coming into motion. We only await one last player, one last piece of the puzzle. We have the Guardian. We have the Second Piece. Now we wait for him.

History is about to repeat itself, my friends. Are we ready? Or not... we don't have a choice.

And neither do they.

By setting up the game, they have taken their right to back down. We must finish what we started, and they will die. Get ready, if you are not.

There's no turning back now.