Chapter Twenty- One

Perhaps what we were created for isn't what we thought it was.

-----------

Twitching.

Purring.

They whisper in the dark, to themselves, to each other.

The Mangle prepares for what they are about to do...

-----------

There are some things that should never be told. Some that shouldn't leave your head, because of the things one must do to protect the ones they love.

But... there are also things that Scott would never keep from his little sister. "Hey."

"Oh- hey! How are you doing, brother?" Her voice came out of the receiver crisply, not seeing to contain any of the awkwardness that Scott's contained on the phone. It had been a while since they had talked in person, but the both of them tried to keep in some form of spoken contact every so often.

"Not very well."

"Yeah... I could tell. Things aren't going so well over at Fazbear's, I've heard." Scott looked around for a second, checking to make sure the door was closed and no one was listening.

"Officially, no."

He could hear the laugh in her voice as she repeated the "Officially".

"Kids have gone missing."

"I know... It's rather surreal, isn't it?"

"Yeah... All these bad things... why do you think they keep happening to us?"

Pause. "To our family?"

"Well... The Cawthons, the Aftons... Fazbear's in general, I guess."

"Is this you or papa talking?" It was Scott's turn to laugh, because she was right. As always.

"A little bit of both."

"Scotty..."

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I know you're still looking for him."

A small sigh, but he could tell she was already back to smiling. Always so quick to forgive.

"Hey. You take care, okay sis?"

"I shall. Stay safe, alright?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Love you."

"Love you too."

-----------

Why am I mourning for a death that might not take place...?

(Musical chairs, musical chairs... who will be left without a seat?)