Chapter Six

​Papa... Please don't tell them. He knows what he did. Don't drag the others into this.

... I won't.

-----------​

Tick.

Tick.

Tick.

"Will you please turn that off?"

Jeremy had just broken his six-hour silence with a whisper. It was... strange. From a kid like him, you'd expect him to curl up in the seat and snivel at the first inking of trouble, but Fritz had to give some credit. The only noise Jer'd made since after Scott's call, had been a small squeak after 'Toy' Bonnie popped up. Caught up in a stupor, Fritz mumbled the name 'Toby' before gently putting the Freddy Mask on the younger boy. They'd been generally left alone after that.

The poor kid was nearly close to tears.

Fritz only had to look at him once to turn off his watch. "What's up?"

"The... noise is a bit distracting."

"Jeremy, no one cries over an analog watch... are you alright?"

"I... Yeah. Sure."

Fritz had the decency not to roll his eyes. "You're not. No one's alright at this place."

"You- seem alright," he whispered. Fritz chuckled dryly.

"I've never been alright, kid. But you get used to it."

A grandfather clock's toll cut through the conversation. Fritz sighed. "Come back in ten hours. I want to show you something.

He pat Jeremy's hair softly, and slipped out without another sound.

----------End of Shift-----------