Chapter 8

A wedding is one of the most beautiful things anyone could ever experience in life. The groom’s smile as he lays eyes on the one he loves, her blush in return, the beauty, the music, the people, the atmosphere, it is a celebration of love, of a new life and this is exactly how I felt on my wedding day.

Watching Louis’s face as he smiled the words ‘I do’ brought tears of joy to my eyes knowing the rest of my life was going to be spent with this man and now it was even required by a legally binding document.

Returning the ‘I do’ to Louis lifted an enormous weight from my chest. True happiness was in that moment.

Our lips then met- lightly at first as if not to scare the crowd but then forgetting we were in front of at least a hundred people he pushed his lips passionately against mine and I felt his arms around me as my head spun, trying to taste Louis sweet breath.

Wolf whistling and clapping came from within the crowd and I think Louis might of thought it was appropriate to stop when my hands started to move swiftly down his body. I couldn’t help it.

Louis and I walked back down the aisle Harry and I had earlier this morning. This time everyone stood and rose petals were being thrown aimlessly over mine and Louis head as we ran through the now red covered grass and to a black limousine.  

Before I slid into the leather seats I took one last look at the cheering crowd behind me. Jo blew kisses as she stood next to Louis’s dad, I could tell this settled Lou a little bit that they weren’t at each other’s throats. I saw of Danielle who was mouthing what seemed to be ‘See you soon’. And Just as I turned my head I caught a glimpse of David, tears welling in his eyes as he tried to cover up his emotions.

I smiled at him before ducking my head under the door frame and pulling in the trail of my dress.

*****

There are places in life that no matter what will never feel the same as the first time you went there but you continue to try and relive the memories with or without the person you shared it with.

 Just like a time when I was little, my dad decided to take me out fishing. The day wasn’t overly special; nothing spectacular happened. We just sat on the riverbank talking until I found an injured bird that I was determined to fix. Once we did Dad helped me make a bed out of an old beer box and grass and that was one of the best memories of my father. Ever since then, places alike the overgrown river remind me of him, of our time together.

Vanuatu is now one of the places that remind me of Louis, that wouldn’t be the same without him because of our honeymoon there.

Erakor Island Resort was where we were staying and my first glimpse of it caused the reaction of my jaw to drop. It was secluded, basically on its own little Island and the people didn’t stare or gasp at Louis and I as we walked up to our villa.  We were a normal honeymoon couple and I was glad.

We accommodated the Waterfront Spa villa which was small but comfortable enough for both Lou and I. Dropping my bags on the freshly polished floor I dived myself into the sea of clean white blankets on the queen sized bed.

The house had a salty smell to it as Lou opened the windows to let the hot breeze flow through the cabin.

‘We have just got here and you’re already exhausted Steph.’ Lou complained as he opened his suit case.

‘No I’m not; I am just resting my eyes.’ I said digging my face into the pillow in denial.

‘Come on, let’s go.’ Lou chuckled wrapping his hands around my waist and pulling me from the bed into his arms.

‘Get your swimmers on. Let’s go watch the sun set down at the beach.’ I couldn’t say no to that beautiful smile.

C