Sequal ...till the end of the line

Intro) 2011
     The soft static of the radio of the table top radio filled the room with a familiar affliction.
"Curve ball, high and outside for ball one. So the Dodgers are tied, 4-4. And the crowd well knows that with one swing of his bat, this fellow's capable of making it a brand-new game again. Just an absolutely gorgeous day here at Ebbets Field..."
The bleached white door slide open gracefully. "Good morning." A women entered the room. Steve immediately realized something was wrong. The woman was obviously meant to look like a nurse, she wore a white button down and slim black skirt. But it was all wrong. Steve had spent plenty enough time around hospitals as a small child to recognize a nurse's uniform. Not to mention his mother worked as a nurse until the tuberculosis.
"Or should I say, afternoon?"
No, she wasn't a nurse. Her tie wasn't thin enough, probably a men's tie. Her hair was completely wrong; no nurse would go to work with her hair down. And her lipstick- it nearly made him blush. The closest color he could match it with was of the red stains on the cheeks of men who frequented the cathouse near his old apartment.
    "Where am I?"
   The woman smiled. "You're in a recovery room in New York city."
   Steve looked her in the eye.
    "The Dodgers take the lead, 8-4. Oh, Dodgers! Everyone is on their feet. What a game we have here today, folks. What a game indeed."
     The woman fidgeted under his tense stare.
    "Where am I really?"
     She chuckled lightly and regained her gentle smile. "I'm afraid I don't understand."
      Steve flicked his eyes to the radio, "The game, it's from May, nineteen forty one." He leveled his eyes with the woman. "I know, cause I was there."
     He stood slowly, allowing every inch of his intimidating build to be recognized by the imposter. "Now, I'm gonna ask you again. Where am I?"
"Captain Rogers..."
    "Who are you?" He pressed on. He went to take a step forward just as two soldiers in dark uniforms stormed the room.
      Steve panicked. His body kicked into survival mode. He threw the soldiers back against the wall, with more strength than he had meant to, he realized, after their bodies slammed through the wall, creating a hole into a bigger room. It looked like an empty warehouse, void of anything beside the set hospital room he woke up in.
    The woman followed him through the hole in the wall. "Captain Rogers, wait!"
      Steve scanned the warehouse and spotted a glowing exit sign. Maybe a Hydra lab?
      "All agents, code 13! I repeat. All agents, code 13!"
       Steve ran. Down the stairs, out the door. He didn't stop for the well dressed men in the halls. Nor for the strange looking cars that sped past him. He ran until the rows of painted signs and flashing televisions covering every conceivable space overwhelmed his senses.
    The sound of tires screeching to a halt encircle him. A man in a dramatic black coat and eye patch stepped forward. "At ease, soldier! Look, I'm sorry about that little show back there, but... we thought it best to break it to you slowly."
    Steve furrowed his brow. Why is there a pirate?! I'm dreaming. This can't be real. "Break what?"
   "You've been asleep, Cap. For almost seventy years."
   'Shocking. New.' read one painting.
     "You gonna be okay?"
  'Innovating the 21st century' played across a television.
      "Yeah. Yeah. I just..." Steve took a breath, trying to calm himself. This isn't real.
     "I thought I met the end of the line."

This is the first chapter of the sequel (it's a separate book) I hope you enjoy!
Lil bit of self promo but if you like stucky, which I'm assuming you do because, well, you read 15 chapters of this shit, I wrote a really cute one shot in my 'random one shots' book titled second languages if you wanna check that out