chapter 12

"um this is really disgusting," Eric tells me as we slosh through the sewers, I know I am a princess and I should be screaming eww gross, but my father raised me better than that, I am not disgusted at something that needs to be done to save my kingdom. 

"not really, it has to be done." I tell him," we might as well push on."

 "you are one different princess," he tells me. I ignore him, I'm too busy trying to keep my bracelet from touching the disgusting liquid. my bracelet was the last gift from my mother before she died and she told me to always have it and never take it off, I don't know why but I have always had it on, I never ever take it off, the only day I will take it off will be my coronation day, I focus back on reality as the past starts moving to the back of my head, I have much more to think about. 

"hand me the map," I tell Eric. 

"map?" Eric asks questioningly

 "ugh, I have to do everything my self" I close my eyes and picture it in my head, "this way we are almost done being in here," i tell him.

finally, I find the ladder and start climbing up and up and up, "its certain death if you fall"I yell down to Eric.

"well, if you're trying to make me scared, good job," he says, i laugh, something I haven't done in a while. i reach the top, eric right behind me, i get ready to open the door, but Eric grabs my arm, " poppy, I have no idea whats going to happen, but I cant tell you how i feel about you in words, let me show you." he says, as he  pulls me close to him, he pulls me to his lips and gives me a quick but meaningful kiss. 

I look up at him and smile, "and this is how i feel about you," and i give him the same kiss he gave me. " now let's go"I tell him as i flip the latch and open the door to my room.

"oh my gosh! your back, I was so worried about you, what happened?" Ella asks me rushing over.

 "well let's say Alexander kidnapped both of us," i gesture to me and Eric, " and we have been walking back,"I say as I grab my cloak.

 "where are you going?" Ella asks.

 "I'm going to talk to my father, i have to get rid of Alexander he is dangerous," i say, my eyes full of anger as i slam the door behind me.

I walk down the  hall, i approach my father's office and i stroll in not even bothering to knock, "father?" I say when I see him getting ready to sign something. I look at him, he looks so sad, like he lost someone he loves. I could tell he had been crying, i look beside him, i see Alexander. i jump at Alexander pulling my knife from its place in my boot, i leap with all the fury and rage inside of me.